Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Waiting for a boat to take us across the Sea of Galilee on Sunday, I spotted this in the car park. The owners were just returning to it but were more than happy for me to take a photo, as they have just finished restoring this 50-year old beauty.merc smaller.jpg

I had this in recently to prep for a tour for the very nice owner

He'd had trouble with it overheating in traffic. I was confident I had cured it, but he insisted I gave it a proper road test to make sure. Picked my wife up and gave a test in busy Brighton rush hour traffic. The overheating was cured, but my God I couldn't live with one - people run into the road to film it with their phones!

A little non-standard in the engine room. Some choice tweaks result in 450bhp. About 50% more than when it was new.

Hi Jobsworth, the De Tomaso Pantera is my favourite car of all time. you have just made my year and it's only March.:thumb::banana::).

I had this in recently to prep for a tour for the very nice owner

He'd had trouble with it overheating in traffic. I was confident I had cured it, but he insisted I gave it a proper road test to make sure. Picked my wife up and gave a test in busy Brighton rush hour traffic. The overheating was cured, but my God I couldn't live with one - people run into the road to film it with their phones!

A little non-standard in the engine room. Some choice tweaks result in 450bhp. About 50% more than when it was new.

Very desirable motor car - and understated too.
There's engraving on those cylinder heads - any idea what it says?

Big Big Ta, I remember seeing one regular outside school in the early seventies, in my late 50s now and the memory has stuck with me ever since. :):thumb:.

That's lovely.

Does it sport those tyres to be in keeping with the era of the car?
They look unlike anything I've noticed for a long time.

Avon Turbospeeds if memory serves. They are still made for these old style Italian supercars, but they are a few quid. The sizes (that I certainly cannot remember) are not common, and you'll struggle to find anything else. I love the stance with the big rear tyres. It looks like a Hotwheels toy!

Test for the experts ;) can you name the manufacturer of those original wheels?

Amazing looking, beautiful car, I bet it sounds glorious :)

Not on the road but there’s a load of lovely cars in the local garage at Samdbanks.
ac94d0a9ed9ec4217adff0b93f184bf9.jpg

107d9a92a2114192e4f4afba4de5e130.jpg

48453388a264128ba6fe972586f784cc.jpg

7fa65ae80062ae0a7122798fcfb1e581.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom