Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Waiting for a boat to take us across the Sea of Galilee on Sunday, I spotted this in the car park. The owners were just returning to it but were more than happy for me to take a photo, as they have just finished restoring this 50-year old beauty.merc smaller.jpg

I had this in recently to prep for a tour for the very nice owner

He'd had trouble with it overheating in traffic. I was confident I had cured it, but he insisted I gave it a proper road test to make sure. Picked my wife up and gave a test in busy Brighton rush hour traffic. The overheating was cured, but my God I couldn't live with one - people run into the road to film it with their phones!

A little non-standard in the engine room. Some choice tweaks result in 450bhp. About 50% more than when it was new.

Hi Jobsworth, the De Tomaso Pantera is my favourite car of all time. you have just made my year and it's only March.:thumb::banana::).

I had this in recently to prep for a tour for the very nice owner

He'd had trouble with it overheating in traffic. I was confident I had cured it, but he insisted I gave it a proper road test to make sure. Picked my wife up and gave a test in busy Brighton rush hour traffic. The overheating was cured, but my God I couldn't live with one - people run into the road to film it with their phones!

A little non-standard in the engine room. Some choice tweaks result in 450bhp. About 50% more than when it was new.

Very desirable motor car - and understated too.
There's engraving on those cylinder heads - any idea what it says?

Big Big Ta, I remember seeing one regular outside school in the early seventies, in my late 50s now and the memory has stuck with me ever since. :):thumb:.

That's lovely.

Does it sport those tyres to be in keeping with the era of the car?
They look unlike anything I've noticed for a long time.

Avon Turbospeeds if memory serves. They are still made for these old style Italian supercars, but they are a few quid. The sizes (that I certainly cannot remember) are not common, and you'll struggle to find anything else. I love the stance with the big rear tyres. It looks like a Hotwheels toy!

Test for the experts ;) can you name the manufacturer of those original wheels?

Amazing looking, beautiful car, I bet it sounds glorious :)

Ah ha, you fell straight in to my trap! They are Campagnolo.

Made of magnesium alloy.
Campagnolo was my first thought to be honest but sadly my friend you fell into MY trap. :cool:

Not on the road but there’s a load of lovely cars in the local garage at Samdbanks.
ac94d0a9ed9ec4217adff0b93f184bf9.jpg

107d9a92a2114192e4f4afba4de5e130.jpg

48453388a264128ba6fe972586f784cc.jpg

7fa65ae80062ae0a7122798fcfb1e581.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom