Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday saw two Chrysler Sebring convertibles in the space of 15 minutes. No they were not together. Not especially interesting but certainly rare in the UK.

I have a pic somewhere of Mrs B (a Monkees fan from years ago) stood beside this - or one of the other incarnations, understand there were three or four - outside the Royal Albert Hall where we had just seen the band playing. It was a couple of years before Davy Jones died.

IIRC there were two original Monkeemobiles, both in the US. There have been quite a few replicas over the years of course, but Googling the car I saw this is a particularly high-quality one based on a Pontiac GTO as per the original. It was used an as official car on the Monkees 2011 reunion tour, so if that's where you saw them then it was the same car :) It's based in Ascot, Surrey.

Come on Ant, lets face the fact that even if you could get in it, you'd never get out again! 😂

I got to agree with you there Steve. I think the convertible version and a hoist in my garage would suit me better.

Was dropping my son off today and there's a plumber stays close by. He did have a Porsche Panamera. Now has a Lamborghini Huracan. Wonder what his call out charge is 😄

IIRC there were two original Monkeemobiles, both in the US. There have been quite a few replicas over the years of course, but Googling the car I saw this is a particularly high-quality one based on a Pontiac GTO as per the original. It was used an as official car on the Monkees 2011 reunion tour, so if that's where you saw them then it was the same car :) It's based in Ascot, Surrey.
Yes, it was the 2011 tour

Was dropping my son off today and there's a plumber stays close by. He did have a Porsche Panamera. Now has a Lamborghini Huracan. Wonder what his call out charge is 😄
Every tradesperson I know does very well, especially the plumbers, and most drive some very nice metal.

47 years old and just over 65k miles. Seen today in Kelso and still looks good.

View attachment 99750

I wonder what engine that’s got in it? I ran the reg no. through the gov.uk website as I couldn’t work out if it was a Rekord or a Commodore. It reports as a 3 litre, but they never made a 3 litre Commodore (2.8 was the largest) and 2993cc doesn’t help much either. Not the 3.0 out of the later Senator which was 2968. The things you do when you’re bored..

Cheers,

Gaz

Reactions: 219
Saw this the other day but didn't get a pic...

20200805_164714.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom