Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
5Rrbv0il.jpg

4E3hlDGl.jpg

Not on the road as such, bumped into a neighbour who lives 500 meters away in the next village, i heard he had a ferriar although never seen it.
So got talking to him and he has a C type jag, an E type jag, a 360 modena ferrari, a Caterham 7 2 x triton bikes, a ducati bike, a fireblade, a tr6 and an AC ace!
It was like a museum, the bikes and Caterham were in his house !

Not on the road per se, but my neighbour across the street, who's got a lovely grey fintail, had a friend visiting in a white 190SL cabrio (LHD with red interior) ...

Both cars are absolutely stunning!

50207482091_d8e0eeb204_o.jpg

50207759797_728cc73e69_o.jpg

50207482191_29f8ba2a82_o.jpg

Apologies for the quality - pics taken off the screen and the cars were right at the edge of the frame.
Also - sorry about my front yard - work in progress ... well, it's due to start soon, once the patio and rear garden are done ;) :p

Ford Scorpio seen yesterday and a 2CV today. Neither a common sight these days!

Cheers,

Gaz

Not on the road per se, but my neighbour across the street, who's got a lovely grey fintail, had a friend visiting in a white 190SL cabrio (LHD with red interior) ...

Both cars are absolutely stunning!

50207482091_d8e0eeb204_o.jpg

50207759797_728cc73e69_o.jpg

50207482191_29f8ba2a82_o.jpg

Apologies for the quality - pics taken off the screen and the cars were right at the edge of the frame.
Also - sorry about my front yard - work in progress ... well, it's due to start soon, once the patio and rear garden are done ;) :p
Lovely 👌🏻

Reactions: GLK
Ford Scorpio seen yesterday and a 2CV today. Neither a common sight these days!

Cheers,

Gaz
Thank your favourite deity that the Scorpio is not a common sight. What were Ford thinking of? A wide-mouthed tree frog mated to a hippo's **** with a graphic equalizer to make you feel you were in a really upmarket car.

Thank your favourite deity that the Scorpio is not a common sight. What were Ford thinking of? A wide-mouthed tree frog mated to a hippo's **** with a graphic equalizer to make you feel you were in a really upmarket car.

We used to have a 2.0 GL at work. It wasn’t particularly quick, and certainly wasn’t very good looking, but it was cavernous and took the abuse that was meted out to it on a daily basis in a good-natured fashion. I’ve driven plenty worse..

Cheers,

Gaz

Well, not on the road, but at Oulton Park on Friday. It's my old F3 car from 1983! The one Martin Brundle had his epic fight with Senna for the British F3 title in.

IMG_0528.jpeg
The car was driven by both Martin and his son Alex a couple of years ago and is duly singed on the monocoque.
Embarrassingly, they wanted me to have my photo taken with the car.
Another of the strange things that have happened to me in the Oulton Park paddock :rolleyes:
If you think the car is not quite all in one piece, you should see what Senna did to it!

YouTubewww.youtube.com › watch › v=RIr1EJa7TP0

Spotted a beige Panther Rio yesterday. Did not expect to see one of them on my travels.

I followed a really beautiful Jaguar E-Type on one of my favourite roads. Wonderful to see a pristine car being used as it was intended.

Spotted a beige Panther Rio yesterday. Did not expect to see one of them on my travels.

Panther started in a lockup garage on Crutchfield Lane, Walton-on-Thames ... the same year my parents bought their house less than 100 yds away. I used to walk past on the way to & from school and the doors were always wide open so you could see the cars being made. We used to hear them being taken out for test drives etc. too. I left home in 1980 and the original company folded at about the same time, it was then bought by Koreans and moved to a bigger site in Byfleet where probably their best-known cars (e.g. the Kallista) were made. My parents still live in the same house and I walked past the old Panther lockup a few weeks ago taking a letter to the postbox for them :)

Capture.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom