Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here's an early ford IMAG1643 — Postimages]
IMAG1643.jpg
[/url]
Looks lovely, but isn’t it maybe a little ‘over-restored’, with metallic paint in particular? Didn’t think that would have been an option in the ‘any color so long as it’s black’ alleged world of Ford.

Its actually brooklands green but yes agree should be black ⚫

^ That must be fun to drive:

"Operating the T engine was not difficult after some experience, although the learning curve was longer than today's. The various manual control tasks (such as manual choke and spark advance) and the method of use (such as hand throttle) were typical for automobiles of the era, although they might seem more like farm tractor operation to most automobile drivers of today.

Before starting a Model T with the hand crank, the spark had to be manually retarded or the engine might "kick back". The crank handle was cupped in the palm, with the thumb tucked under the handle (not clasped over top of it), so that if the engine did kick back, the rapid reverse motion of the crank would throw the hand away from the handle, rather than violently twisting the wrist or breaking the thumb. Most Model T Fords had the choke operated by a wire emerging from the bottom of the radiator where it could be operated with the left hand. This was used to prime the engine while cranking the engine slowly; then the engine was started with a rapid pull of the crank handle. In good tune, an already-primed T engine only has to be cranked half a turn for it to successfully start.

The T's planetary transmission is famous for its differences from what later became the norm for car transmission operation. The 3 foot pedals are not used in the way later cars use their pedals. Operation is not difficult but requires "unlearning" habits used with later vehicles"

Ferrari 250 SWB in Camberley today. Dark blue with competition circles on the doors. Let it past so that I could pull up behind at the traffic lights and listen to it pull away. God, what a noise..

Cheers,

Gaz

I've got a few videos of them coming up the road, its one of those classic Norwegian mountain passes and 80+ferraris:)
Just stumbled upon the Norwegian ferrari club outing.

you get all sorts over here on a daily, from rat rods to Lamborghini.

Seeing the truck reminds me that I have enjoyed this Swedish YT channel on a Kenworth:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Or this one for fans of US Diesel sounds including the famous 'jake brake' retarder:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also fun to see how he manages the two manual gearboxes...

Flavia Sport

Did you read that or look it up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom