Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
178172744_317165286437535_5412030606774765949_n.jpg

Hi,
saw an interesting metallic red sports car coming towards me this afternoon.
As it was approaching - I thought it was some sort of McLaren - but as it got nearer I noticed a very small prancing horse on the front.
Back was very Jaguar F-Type.
Turned out that is was the new Ferrari Roma - it looked absolutely stunning!
It looked like this:-
BE1234C7-E17C-4387-B914-681FE72D642D.jpegF75045D3-C20A-49D7-959A-8238917F4CF7.jpeg

Cheers
Steve

Hi,
As it was approaching - I thought it was some sort of McLaren - but as it got nearer I noticed a very small prancing horse on the front.
View attachment 112298View attachment 112299

Cheers
Steve
Mmmmmm. That is one pretty car!

Cough. Strictly an Aston Martin DB2/4 MkII. They've recently sold at auction for just shy of $400k - that's actual, not asking - but in 2021 you'll be able to pick one up for less than that.

Used to be capable of a ton in 1958, but you might struggle to achieve that these days.

Looks great but like the Bond's DB5 (at twice that price), you really wouldn't want to drive one. Clumsy, heavy, running hot, unreliable, not something you'd trust to do a couple of hundred miles.

But awfully pretty - "most desirable of cars."

img_1483-jpeg.112072

d14f1ccab36415bf92528a314340530a.jpg

Attachments

• E33DDBAD-338A-4611-88B1-D268EA824654.jpg
    E33DDBAD-338A-4611-88B1-D268EA824654.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi,
View attachment 112298View attachment 112299

Cheers
Steve
Awfully pretty car, but Harry wasn't impressed when he played with it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Always an amazing amount of interesting cars about, and surprisingly how many are Island based. The DL plate gives them away. 😎😎
So here's a question for you: why do there seem to be so many independent used car dealers on the Island?

I've spent the last two weeks zigzagging over the Island and there seem to be far more than I'm used to seeing in Sunny Surrey.

Because land is so cheap, or because it's a pain to get off the Island to source a used car ?

So here's a question for you: why do there seem to be so many independent used car dealers on the Island?

I've spent the last two weeks zigzagging over the Island and there seem to be far more than I'm used to seeing in Sunny Surrey.

Because land is so cheap, or because it's a pain to get off the Island to source a used car ?
Boycie still seems to be alive and well over here 🤣🤣
The reason Sunny Surrey is free of him is undoubtedly down to car supermarkets.
Car Supermarket free IOW means that for Mr & Mrs Bland, Boycie can still fill his boots.
Not forgetting that these days most punters prefer not to travel any farther than the end of their proboscis to buy anything. 😆😆

Boycie still seems to be alive and well over here 🤣🤣
The reason Sunny Surrey is free of him is undoubtedly down to car supermarkets.
Car Supermarket free IOW means that for Mr & Mrs Bland, Boycie can still fill his boots.
Not forgetting that these days most punters prefer not to travel any farther than the end of their proboscis to buy anything. 😆😆
Thought as much.

To be fair, it’s expensive to get off the Island, which must create that local market for certain types to fill.

AAE49ADF-A02D-4362-8617-0535BB7ECD07.jpeg

Thought as much.

To be fair, it’s expensive to get off the Island, which must create that local market for certain types to fill.

View attachment 112324
😆😆😆😆
Just an extra thought. Lots of Islanders are proud of their unique number plate, so will only buy an Island registered vehicle with it’s HW or old DL reg.

😆😆😆😆
Just an extra thought. Lots of Islanders are proud of their unique number plate, so will only buy an Island registered vehicle with it’s HW or old DL reg.
Is it just pride? When I was involved with AFRL, the IOW had to keep a distinctive plate because it qualified them for discounts on the ferries.

Hi,
Following on from yesterday’s spotting of the Ferrari Roma - I downloaded a few stills from my dashcam this morning - so you can see it approaching and being difficult to work out what it was, from a distance (apologies for the quality - but I compressed the files to upload them)
6F03244A-5CA1-4685-A2B5-48D2C48F09D0.jpeg2CEB613F-E39C-4922-A07E-9F1E7F210495.jpeg7479ADD5-DCFD-4C8A-9CD9-66F056199381.jpeg
Cheers
Steve

Today on the A40 going towards uxbridge way, I saw 2 beautiful looking cars within a min of each other. First one was a black series CLK in silver with a private plate. I didn't manage to see what the plate said as it had a small plate at the front

Next one I saw was a beautiful W124 500E, facelift model with the evo 17's alloy wheels.
Two dream cars for sure! :)

Today on the A40 going towards uxbridge way, I saw 2 beautiful looking cars within a min of each other. First one was a black series CLK in silver with a private plate. I didn't manage to see what the plate said as it had a small plate at the front

Next one I saw was a beautiful W124 500E, facelift model with the evo 17's alloy wheels.
Two dream cars for sure! :)
Did the 500E have a private plate on it?
Reason I’m asking is that I saw a lovely 500E with tasty alloys on it last Saturday in Rdgdnts Park.

Caught my eye yesterday. Can’t remember seeing one of these before ....🤔ABDE2A8E-DA5B-4239-A30C-AFB7452F5120.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom