Have You Seen Any Interesting Cars On The Road Lately?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lots of Mehari's on the Ile de Re. Perfect for here. I was going to say that they're ten a penny but there was a restored on in the square with an asking price of 37,500 Euros! I guess the vendor's looking for the one Paris-based banked who's just had a big bonus.

Mehari.jpg

When's the last time you saw a Renault 8?

View attachment 130125
Especially the more powerful 49hp Renault 8 Major !! Woo hoo….

I had three of its sister cars: a Caravelle and two 850cc Dauphines. I’m certain that I was able to commute from Ealing to Reading town centre in the same amount of time as it takes to commute in 2022.

Just don’t ask about the brakes.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Nissan Micra convertible this morning. Not the folding hardtop one but a soft top of the previous generation. Looked like this one - couldn’t get an actual picture
1658999907881.jpeg

Lots of Mehari's on the Ile de Re. Perfect for here. I was going to say that they're ten a penny but there was a restored on in the square with an asking price of 37,500 Euros! I guess the vendor's looking for the one Paris-based banked who's just had a big bonus.

View attachment 130142
You’ll find some odd people there.

Re the car, saw plenty of them in Antibes in the late 70’s on our family holidays there. We called them ‘deckchair cars’.

You’ll find some odd people there.
Re the car, saw plenty of them in Antibes in the late 70’s on our family holidays there. We called them ‘deckchair cars’.
Still a few in Antibes - you'll see one most days on that stretch of coast.

Together with the 2CV much prized as a "second home" statement car.

Dreadful things back in the day, and even more so today.

Alan Clark had the right idea. He called his "the mobile Wheelbarrow," because that's what he used it for - to maintain his acres at Saltwood.

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 11.27.03.png

Last edited:
Still a few in Antibes - you'll see one most days on that stretch of coast.

Together with the 2CV much prized as a "second home" statement car.

Dreadful things back in the day, and even more so today.

Alan Clark had the right idea. He called his "the mobile Wheelbarrow," because that's what he used it for - to maintain his acres at Saltwood.

View attachment 130153

I think our agent had one in Corfu when I worked for one of the tour operators. It was used to bring luggage to the office from apartment situated in hilly areas.

I think our agent had one in Corfu when I worked for one of the tour operators. It was used to bring luggage to the office from apartment situated in hilly areas.
Cue Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton's island in "Bigger Splash"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cue Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton's island in "Bigger Splash"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I remember borrowing it one evening so me and a couple of TUI reps could drive down to Kavos for some debauchery.

Just a simple way to let you know its got more power than the non turbo one.....not everyone is a petrol head...........and of course if you are gullible enough to believe that driving an EV will in any way save the planet then you will fall for anything!!

Nissan Micra convertible this morning. Not the folding hardtop one but a soft top of the previous generation. Looked like this one - couldn’t get an actual picture
View attachment 130148
Blimey. Never ever seen one.

Sorry again not a car. Wasn't the best angle but hopefully you can see the front is actually off the ground. Pretty impressive

20220729_111202.jpg

One of these...not seen one for ages. KTM X-Bow.

1659097135253.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom