Have you used KeySmart ? Do you like it, or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
The usual bar room conversation with someone eulogising their "KeySmart Classic" keyring with a Mercedes remote control on the end of it.
:
I liked the look of it, but I wonder if it's as simple, or as reliable as it looks Is anyone either using it, or have you tried it and gone back to a keyring? I carry four keys and my car remote control on two separate keyrings, and I don't know why it takes up so much space.

Thoughts appreciated. (And, no, I'm not flogging it - just asking it people who've used it think it's any good)

(I don't think I need the optional flashlight, or "Tile" tracker, but I do wonder about whether there ought to be a "lost key" phone number / identifier. The obvious limitation of this device is that it's difficult to lend a key, but I never do,)

nL1fKE05_400x400.jpg

71kqxnK%2BD4L._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
It looks to me like a Pen Knife that you add all of your Keys to and fold them away, all keys in one place! :D
It looks a bit fiddly to me and i reckon it would be more awkward trying to find a particular key when the light is not so good.

It looks a bit fiddly to me and i reckon it would be more awkward trying to find a particular key when the light is not so good.

I would also suggest that depending on it's length it would be very easy to shear a Key Off in the Keyhole, especially after a few Alcohol Based Refreshments!:rolleyes::oops:

I like the look and the idea of it but like the above i keep my car key seperate to my house keys.

On my car key i only have a leather mercerdes keyring mainly because i hate keys swinging in the car, i've spent alot time eliminating annoying noises and don't like adding to them.

It does look quite bulky but very functional for anyone that has more than three keys which is what i have ... front, back and shed door.

Just looking at the picture of the other keys at the end with the car key hanging off if your was to flip one of them out it looks like the car key would get in the way when you put it in the door which could become a bit irritating.

Lastly i'm wondering how robust it is the fella in the picture is turning that from the middle not closer to the lock i imgine it wouldn't be to long before something gives.

It's a pass for me more for the size of it than anything else my three keys take up less space not only that if i go out in the missus car i only bring my house keys reducing the risk of loosing or leaving my car key anywhere.

IMG_1217.JPG

I share your scepticism... But I'm wondering if it would be useful for me, especially given that usually I'm just using one out of the four keys that I carry.

It's interesting that we carry key tags in addition to our keys. I wonder if this could actually replace those tags?

Here's the video showing it in use. It does seem quite small and neat...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My key ring is a Greek flag beer bottle opener.
Can Key-Smart open a bottle of lager? If it can’t it ain’t smart is it? Case closed. :cool:

Yes, it's an option, as is the flashlight, USB key etc... And, of course you can put your own bottle opener on the tag, as you would a car or garage fob...

Would be a dubious idea to add a "blade" though, in these exciting and security conscious times.

70493.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom