Having my first service on wednesday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
Hi all, had the c220 amg sport plus almost a year now, and its being serviced at Esplanade IOW on Wednesday, I will leave feedback to the experience, so far they have been very good, and especially understanding in the 1st year of ownership. Looking at around £230 which compares well to other Mercedes prices for 'A' Service. I wonder if the fly in the rear light is a warranty claim? can they get it out? (see other post 'How did it get in and how to get it out'
Are there any software updates I should be getting?
Eddie

Hi all, had the c220 amg sport plus almost a year now, and its being serviced at Esplanade IOW on Wednesday, I will leave feedback to the experience, so far they have been very good, and especially understanding in the 1st year of ownership. Looking at around £230 which compares well to other Mercedes prices for 'A' Service. I wonder if the fly in the rear light is a warranty claim? can they get it out? (see other post 'How did it get in and how to get it out'
Are there any software updates I should be getting?
Eddie

My father's experience of them was so poor he took the car to the mainland for the second service. He worked on the mainland so at least the ferry cost was covered.

My father's experience of them was so poor he took the car to the mainland for the second service. He worked on the mainland so at least the ferry cost was covered.

Hi, How long ago did he have the bad experience and what happened?
Thanks Eddie

Likewise, first service in 2 weeks.

Booked it online with https://www.mymercedesservice.co.uk and very impressed with the whole system.

Four clear booking options, each one with the price clearly stated, an option to book a test drive for the same time, etc etc, very slick. Paid upfront for a £10 discount, so it was around £230 including a while you wait slot with refreshments.

Received an e-mail, text and phone call subsequently confirming the booking.

Very much superior to experience with BMW dealers.

Just had a quote for the first service on my c63 bs

£245 or £145 if i supply oil, oil mobil 1 will cost approx £60 from costco.

Last edited:
Hi, How long ago did he have the bad experience and what happened?
Thanks Eddie

Maybe about 7 years ago. After a service and on the drive home the brake warning light came on. The pads needing changing and the fluid was low. Neither was mentioned on collection.

Well all done for £209.98 thats the 'A' Service, loan car pic below, tin of sweets, my car was cleaned nicely inside and out. Nice touches included the names of the Service Lady, the technician and the guy who valeted it. I can honestly say I received 1st class treatment today, and so far my 1st year of ownership has been very good and the dealership 'Esplanade Isle of Wight' have been very good.
However the fly in the rear lens remains as they could not shift it.
9583658328_b71f3eb2c5.jpg

9726175090_f55fb7952f.jpg

9726159326_e9833a948a.jpg

9726166650_826d744f9f.jpg

9726182132_92af7886f5.jpg

That's a very competitive price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom