Having trouble getting courier to refund me for their mistake.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Back in the days when I used to sell a lot of stuff on eBay I always used to use Parcel Force .

I must have been very lucky as I can't remember ever having a problem out of several hundred parcels posted to mainly UK destinations , but sometimes all over the globe .

I was lucky, then, it seems. YODEL just didn't bother to pick my parcel up at all. Had to re-negotiate for the next day. Tracking it a few minutes ago it has arrived at the depot nearest to the recipient's address, so there's still hope he'll receive it today.

Malcolm

YIPPEEDOO!

Parcel (towbar sold via eBay) received 4pm, so the second attempt worked as it should have.

Not wanting to be contrary just for the sake of it but I've always found Royal Mail service levels to be unequalled, rigid and expensive maybe, but...

Ditto Royal Mail and Parcel Force are statistically the most reliable services out there although not the cheapest as mentioned. To be frank I'd rather pay more to know it will actually get their rather then save a couple of quid and it get lost. Royal Mail deals with 90% of all parcel traffic in the UK so it should be the worst on paper and yet its not. Considering it doesn't use the technology like couriers do in general gps tracking etc that is pretty impressive in a subjective way.

From a customers point of view they also tend to be easier to retrieve parcels from if no one is home. Just an example where I live the nearest DHL/Yodel/TNT depot is a 40 mile drive away.

Ditto Royal Mail and Parcel Force are statistically the most reliable services out there although not the cheapest as mentioned. To be frank I'd rather pay more to know it will actually get their rather then save a couple of quid and it get lost. Royal Mail deals with 90% of all parcel traffic in the UK so it should be the worst on paper and yet its not. Considering it doesn't use the technology like couriers do in general gps tracking etc that is pretty impressive in a subjective way.

From a customers point of view they also tend to be easier to retrieve parcels from if no one is home. Just an example where I live the nearest DHL/Yodel/TNT depot is a 40 mile drive away.

Do you drive a big red van??

At work we use TNT, in 12 years they have not lost a single package. Not cheap at all, but based on my own experience I would definitely recommend them.

In comparison, when ordering items online, as said my experience with Rogal Mail has so far been abysmal.

The thing I feel uneasy about is the subcontract nature of many of the courier services when the final journey from regional depot to destination seems to be entrusted to anonymous "white van man" These appear to be general purpose small one man operations " for hire" for parcel delivery, house moves, Bar Mitzvah entertainment --you name it. Nothing wrong with that in itself except you question just how much vetting of personel and liability indemnity these somewhat ad hoc operations have. One suspects they get the job by submitting the lowest bid to the courier company . :dk:

At work we use TNT, in 12 years they have not lost a single package. Not cheap at all, but based on my own experience I would definitely recommend them.

In comparison, when ordering items online, as said my experience with Rogal Mail has so far been abysmal.

Same as us TNT going East DHL going West never had a single item go missing, not the cheapest but once its gone you know its going to get there :thumb:

I'm going back many years, but back in the 1980's I had to regularly despatch time sensitive and fragile items to half a dozen destinations in the North of England twice a week.

I had so much trouble with delivery companies - damaged items, delayed items, non delivery and "nobody in" that eventually I bought a little Mini Metro van and employed a man to take the items door to door. It didn't cost much more, overall, and everything arrived where it should, when it should and undamaged.

These days my only experience is as a receiver of parcels... in my experience DHL are excellent, while APC are the absolute pits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom