Having trouble installing this oem Air Inlet (w202)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golden1245

Car
1999 C230K Sport
Hi everyone, long time C230K owner, but just recently joined this form, great place for information as there are not many forum members over in the states that still drive w202's. Seems like there's a lot over here in the UK. I had a question about a diy for this oem air inlet that needs replacing.

6170598711_94db231f92_z.jpg

Just found out that when my car was repaired 3 years ago, that this was missing and the airbox 90 degree plastic piping was gone too! Turns out my car was sucking in hot and dirty engine bay air instead!

I purchased the parts, but I'm having a hard time fitting this air inlet in, i'm not sure if I have to take the radiator off just to do it =X Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried going through the front (which seems like the only possible way) and through the back of the grill area.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Hi
It should be a very simple job really !
Serch on line for assambly diagram or look on the utube there are plenty options ;)
You do not have to take the radiator off !

All I've seen on Youtube are aftermarket intake systems, nothing on how to put on original manufactured pieces like this =X any ideas, i did a search on the entire forum, but it seems like this piece never really just touched by anyone, i know it's quite random.

Any ideas? thanks guys =)

thanks Grober...that doesn't really help...

Not sure if this helps...

But on my car.

There's a flexihose that goes to the airbox, it's circular on the airbox end and simply slides over, there are two tabs to aid pulling it off and pushing it on.

Part of my grill on the front of the car is then blocked off, and behind this to the right of the radiator is another piece of plastic, this is squarer than the fitting on the airbox, but has a small notch towards the radiator side, the other end of the flexihose from the airbox, squeezes in here, the plastic is quite rigid so it takes some doing to get it in, but you should here a satisifying click, I'm not sure if you're missing this particular part that mates the airbox hose to the bodywork as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom