Having trouble translating road signs when abroad?

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Who's up for one of these then? :D :devil:
I think it would be more useful if something like TrafficMaster was used, so in a country where the sign isn't in English, a box in your car could pick up a message from a box related to the sign to tell you what is written on it, either by reading it out to you in your chosen language or displaying it on a little screen.

Needless to say this wouldn't help in the "warning: shark infested waters!" example ;)

OP
OP
Steve_Perry

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Originally posted by Shude
Needless to say this wouldn't help in the "warning: shark infested waters!" example ;)

Hehe very true Nick, but then I would hope you wouldn't be taking your car into shark infested waters :p or are you planning a James Bond Lotus Esprit submarine mod to your W202? :bannana: :devil: :p

S.

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Hehe very true Nick, but then I would hope you wouldn't be taking your car into shark infested waters :p or are you planning a James Bond Lotus Esprit submarine mod to your W202? :bannana: :devil: :p
Already got the car booked in for the out-riggers installation (see the Aston Martin in "Living Daylights" :D ) you know how I need the extra stability when taking a leisurely cruise off the beaten track :)

Besides, you've seen my sig; I spend lots of time parked up at the beach, sharks could be a concern! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Steve_Perry

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Your mission should you choose to accept it...

Nick,

If you can photoshop your W202 into the above piccie, I would hail you as the undisputed photoshop king!! ;) :D :p

S.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Re: Your mission should you choose to accept it...

If you can photoshop your W202 into the above piccie, I would hail you as the undisputed photoshop king!! ;) :D :p
So they want you to spend £150k on a mazda MX5 and a speedboat superglued together?

IMHO for that they could at least give you a classy roadster instead of a cheapo Japanese one! :D

Attachments

• waterslk.jpg
    waterslk.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 84

simonl

Car
SLK230
WOW I'm impressed! Btw: that'd be a fab way to avoid the forth road bridge toll :D

OP
OP
Steve_Perry

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Nick,

It may look like a MX5 glued to a boat but to be fair it can do 30mph on water and 100mph on land (I don't know acceleration times), I believe it has a 2.7L V6 putting out approx. 175bhp.

The video I thought looked impressive and it was on the news last night too. The original pic is also a link to the news story at the BBC for those who haven't clicked ;)

Jimmy,

So do you get discount on one of them beasties then? :p hehe. Imagine having to pick the barnacles off before changing say the steering damper :crazy:

S.

Nick,
Your photoshop skills amaze yet again :) It may not be your W202 but that's some nifty grafting of a SLK front end. :D ;) Nice one! :devil:

S.

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
These girls fairly get about :D

slk.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom