Haynes manual for W124 coupe (facelift)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spin_bowler

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLC, Tesla MY
I've looked on flea-bay and on the Haynes website but can't find a manual for my car (1993 1994MY E320 coupe). Does anyone know if they ever published one?

Thanks guys, I thought that it looks as if I might have to get the 85-93 one and hope there was enough commonality.

My passenger window has stopped lowering, I know it's a well-documented issue, I assume that that would be similar to fix whether pre or post facelift.

Thanks guys, I thought that it looks as if I might have to get the 85-93 one and hope there was enough commonality.

My passenger window has stopped lowering, I know it's a well-documented issue, I assume that that would be similar to fix whether pre or post facelift.

Ahttp://www.peachparts.com/Wikka/W124DoorPanel

there are differences between saloon and coupe obviously--- frameless as opposed to framed glass for starters. IIRC the motor+ arm assembly is rivetted on some and bolted on others-- you will see this when you remove the trim. but other wise basically the same removal operation--- correlate the part no with your VIN to get the correct part. If you are lucky its the switch if not the motor--- check the wiring carefully also especiallywhere it passes through the door hinge.

Thanks again. It's not the switch nor the motor as far as I can tell as there is very definitely a noise coming from the door when the switch is pressed.

I seem to recall something being written about a toothed wheel that lifted the window being at fault but I may ha e misremembered.

I'll have a look at the links etc when I get in front of a proper screen as doing this from the phone app.

Thanks again for your help

If you can hear the motor spinning when you press the switch, the problem is normaly worn teeth on the window regulator which can be repaired.

Will it lower if you help it along?

Yes. Regulator was the word that I was searching for on my last post, will have a go at it at the weekend.

I was going to say "crack" rather than "go" but didn't want to tempt fate. I've heard the wooden trim around the lecturing seat adjustment can break quite easily when the door card is being removed.

Yes. Regulator was the word that I was searching for on my last post, will have a go at it at the weekend.

I was going to say "crack" rather than "go" but didn't want to tempt fate. I've heard the wooden trim around the lecturing seat adjustment can break quite easily when the door card is being removed.

Have a look here: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/howt...124-front-window-regulator-saloon-estate.html

If it just the teeth that are worn, I normaly just weld over the damaged part, and cut new teeth into the weld with a hacksaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom