Hazard lights won't turn off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ferrari82

Car
C220 95.
I bought my son a 95 C220 when you start the car the hazard lights start flashing and stay on for a few min. The switch does not turn them off. However the dash indicator does not show them on unless you turn them on. I tried turning the switch on and off to no avail. Ever time you start the car the flashers come on and with key in on position you can hear the ticking like the hazards are ingauged then once you start the engine they flash and after a few min they go off. What the heck is going on here????

It sounds like the key needs to be re-synchronised so try this.
Point the key at the rear view mirror and press it twice, then stick the key into the ignition and go to position 2 within 30 seconds.

It is not the original fob. It don't have a name or symbol on it. Would this matter?

My key is not a flip key. It's a key and some generic fob. Will it still work? I was thinking my car had no alarm.

So I started the car the parking lights flash and the interior lights flash then they go off. Then when you put it in gear they start flashing again and then hit the brakes they go off. Then take off and it's fine??????

Sounds like a faulty alarm going off, if so, hazard lights would flash for a set period of time, usually about 3 minutes.

The remote fob that you have is supposed to disarm the alarm when you use it to unlock the car… perhaps the remote fob batteries are dead?

What country is you location and do you have any other keys similar to what’s in the small insert picture in the centre of the image below?

Dec

KeyfobAndBatteries.jpg

Key fob is a auto mate it is nothing like that one. I have one key one remote. Green light comes on on remote but does nothing it don't lock nor unlock the car. I thought it was an alarm issue as well. If I just pull the wires from alarm will this disable said issues??? Or do I need to have key fob and key synced at dealer?

What happens when you lock or unlock the driver’s door with the key blade, do all the doors lock or unlock?
Try unplugging the alarm siren, make sure the car is unlocked when you unplug the siren, disconnect the siren wires in such a way that you can put them back the way the were.
How many wires go into the siren?
Do you see your remote here?… https://www.google.ie/search?q=auto...&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=auto+mate+remote+

Dec

Last edited:
Well I messed with it so much now it won't start. I never found the siren. It is not in front wheel wells. I finally gave up I had it towed to Mercedes mechanic. I will post issues that are corrected once I get it fixed. I felt every harness I could find and they look and feel good no deterioration. In fact the car still looks new under the hood and inside interior is perfect. So I think it's a faulty alarm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom