Hazard Switch needed. Can you help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timper

Car
Merc
Need one of these if anyone has a good working spare?

$(KGrHqFHJC8E8f(2-PStBPPNQ3!dJ!~~60_12.JPG

It's for my 1987 R107SL.

If anyone has one, i'm willing to swap it for some beer tokens and to cover the postage etc.

Please reply on here or PM me if you like.

Thanks in advance.

I have one,I hope is the same as my one is of a 124.PM me your details and I`ll send it tomorrow

Glad you're sorted. Just thought the need to add a comment about your method of trading.

Beer tokens........BRILLIANT :rock:

I have one,I hope is the same as my one is of a 124.PM me your details and I`ll send it tomorrow

Don't think they are the same.

OP, what's the part number on your switch?

Don't think they are the same.

OP, what's the part number on your switch?

Looks like Neil is right,the picture looks different.OP,do you want me to send this anyway as I don`t mind?

Looks like Neil is right,the picture looks different.OP,do you want me to send this anyway as I don`t mind?

I will have access to the car in a short while. I'll get the actual switch out and photograph it and get it up on here so you can compare.

Thanks for the replies to everyone.

I will have access to the car in a short while. I'll get the actual switch out and photograph it and get it up on here so you can compare.

Thanks for the replies to everyone.

To late mate,I`ve already send it.Hope it`s good :thumb:

Mate, you're a legend for sending it. Lets see if it fits / works.

In the meantime... here are a couple of pictures of said switch...

It's got the numbers:

000 820 9010 on the side, and when it is not plugged in, none of the indicators work on the car.

UPDATE:

I've taken these apart before. You either do it, and get it right OR the switch is a right off and you are basically screwed and have to buy a new one.

OMG, look at the (25 years of!) crud in there!!!!

IF it wipes off and cleans up and the switch goes back together ok, it's happy days. If not, car goes off the road due to no indicators and we wait to see if the switch coming in the post fits, or have to go and buy a new one @ full whack.

Watch this space!

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Switch cleaned and gone back together perfectly. In the moment of anxiety of getting it back together without issue, i didnt take a picture of the cleaned up contacts, but needless to say, they looked clean enough to eat your dinner off.

This is all i have to offer! :p:p

Anyway, switch back in, tested and seems to be working fine, so fingers and toes crossed!

Dash, i'll let you know when that switch arrives and we'll see what to do with it if I dont need it. Thank you mate for the help.

Mr, the switch you kindly donated arrived today for which I thank you... It's not the right one for the car, but on the plus side it seems the clean up that I did on the existing has worked and done the job.

So, i now have a 124 switch which is surplus... would you like me to send it back?

Mr, the switch you kindly donated arrived today for which I thank you... It's not the right one for the car, but on the plus side it seems the clean up that I did on the existing has worked and done the job.

So, i now have a 124 switch which is surplus... would you like me to send it back?

To be honest I knew it was no good to you as it looked totaly different but I just felt I should keep my promise

If you can keep there and maybe one day you can do the same for another member :thumb:

To be honest I knew it was no good to you as it looked totaly different but I just felt I should keep my promise

If you can keep there and maybe one day you can do the same for another member :thumb:

Will do. Like I said, i gave the one I had away ironically!

Anyway, it seems that all my switch needed was a clean up and it is working fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom