Hazard warning lights, random activation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkwind

Car
CLK 320
As the title says really.

I just bought a W208 CLK320.

Noticed yesterday the hazards were flashing, but no siren, thought it might just be a one off. But it has happened a few times now and I don't want them to flatten the battery if left for an extended period.

I did change the cabin air filter yesterday and wondered if I had disturbed anything under there. As when I removed the panel under the glove box, this just fell out :confused:

I have no idea what it does, there are three sets of wire connected to it, but there is a spare socket, was wondering if anything had become disconnected?

I presume these cars come with an alarm as standard, if it is the alarm going off, but with no siren, then this is obviously a problem that has been botched by a previous owner.

Thanks for any help/suggestions regards my hazards and any help in identifying this mystery black box.

Got a chance to investigate further today.

Removed the inner plastic wheel arch cover, found the alarm siren and discovered that it was already disconnected. So reconnected the wire and tested the alarm as per the instructions in the other thread and hey presto I now have a siren.

So I've replaced the inner arch cover and locked the car, so far, there has been no flashing hazard lights and also no siren going off, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will cure the problem because this has been draining the battery over long periods, when the car has not been used.

Expect a 2:30am wake up alarm call ;)

You echo my thoughts exactly.

My first thought was that it had been deliberately disconnected, however, when I was removing the clips and fixing nuts (for the liner), they looked undisturbed and the plug does not fit the siren that well, so I'm hoping that it became dislodged due to a bump (of which there is evidence).

Clutching at straws I know, but one can live in hope, at least until my 2:30am alarm call :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom