Hazards in the middle of the night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

trando

Car
C63 AMG
At about 3.30 this morning I was woken up by a feeling that there was a light flashing somewhere and sure enough when I looked out of my bedroom window, the hazards were flashing on my car. No sound, just the flashing hazards..

Any ideas as to why this should happen? I went and checked the car over and there didn't seem to be anything untoward going on. The flashing stopped when I clicked the lock button on my keyfob and since then no problem...

The only thing I did yesterday was give the car a really good clean - inside and out.

Perhaps the alarm went off, the alarm siren didn’t sound, perhaps due to a fault, when you clicked the key fob you unlocked the car and disabled the alarm, you then locked the car and armed the alarm.
You could purposely trigger the alarm by locking yourself inside the car, wait for 1 minute, staying completely still then open the door, the alarm should sound and the hazards should flash.

Dec

Keep your eye on it, sounds like you may have a problem with the alarm siren.

You mentioned you gave it a good wash and the sirens are bad for water damage. Located passenger side wheel arch.

Was the interior light on before you unlocked it?

If you know someone with Star get them to read any codes as if it is the siren it will have logged something.

Hmm - that's interesting cos I gave the arches a good spray to clear all the muck from them - maybe that didn't help...

Anyway, I tested the alarm and it works fine so maybe it was just a temporary glitch!!! I'll keep an eye on it.

How cold was it last night ?

If anything was damp and the water froze then it may have caused a problem - especially with electrics.

It does sound like you have a faulty alarm siren. A plug into the Star should show the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom