Hazy patches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
Can anyone advise on what the issue is with my paintwork, when the sun shines on it has hazy patches as seen in the picture.

2018-06-06 17.58.54 (1).jpg

Thanks

Do you wash it yourself or take it to the local scratch and shine?

I wash the car myself but have only had it for a few months so it has only had a couple of washes. I spotted the patches soon after I got it once the sun came out. I dont know if it has been machine polished but I was thinking of do this myself or paying someone to do it. The car looks great in the shade!

Hard too see closely but could also be residue from the wax used. Can happen if not left to flash (Dry) or if applied in hot weather and not buffed completly off.

My brother does this all the time.

EDIT: Maybe ignore my bit after reading the above. Sorry i typed it ten minutes ago and assumed it had just been waxed. Then to more response popped up.

Hard too see closely but could also be residue from the wax used. Can happen if not left to flash (Dry) or if applied in hot weather and not buffed completly off.

My brother does this all the time.

I am thinking its likely to be this as well. Especially on a dark car. I would make up some panel wipe up, give it a bloody good wash, G3 mitt, panel wipe, then a decent polish and seal. If that doesnt resolve it get a detailer to do a machine polish.

I wash the car myself but have only had it for a few months so it has only had a couple of washes. I spotted the patches soon after I got it once the sun came out. I dont know if it has been machine polished but I was thinking of do this myself or paying someone to do it. The car looks great in the shade!

Possibly best to get the car, washed, clayed, then machine polished, panel wiped, and a sealer and maybe a wax put on, couple of days work if done correctly depending on the amount of paint correction required.

Possibly best to get the car, washed, clayed, then machine polished, panel wiped, and a sealer and maybe a wax put on, couple of days work if done correctly depending on the amount of paint correction required.
This is probably the answer, i have been thinking about buying a DA but maybe professional help is required.

Could the previous owner have T Cut that area,and then tried to polish it after and so you get this slightly cloudy area.

Today I have thoroughly washed the car with Autoglym Shampoo and conditioner and I can clearly se that a machine polish has been attempted but not very well. I guess I will either have to redo the polish with a DA myself or get some professional help.

Progress has been made. The car has clearly had a machine polish but luckily no damage has been caused and i have managed to polish out the vast majority of the hazing by hand using Autoglym Super Resin Polish. Looks a lot better i think, took me about 2 hours of polishing.

2018-06-15 16.30.39-1052x592.jpg

Well done looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom