HDR image questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lancebond

Car
S203 C220 CDI
i've just stumbled across the HDR threads on here and i'm amazed at the images.

so i've got a few questions that hopefully some of you could answer

do i need a digital SLR for this? and if so is there a camera that will automatically go through all the EV settings in quick succession upon shooting.. enabling me to capture something quickly instead of having to go through menus to change the settings (had the dog in mind for this, she won't stay still for that long!!)

hopefully i can find a camera that does this, which would be handy for some of the events i go to...

Most good DSLR cameras allow you to set bracketed shots. Some do 3 some 5. Mine (Nikon D90) allows 3 so I set one at -2 exposure one at normal and one at +2 exposure. It is important you don't get camera shake so a tripod is strongly recommended. Also I use a remote shutter release so that no shake comes from pressing down the shutter release.

Hope that helps..

Have a look on the talkphotography forum which I recently discovered thanks to a link on here - there is loads of info.

If I ever address my post processing apathy/phobia I might have a go myself :D

Ade

Two other points - One is use Aperture Priority and secondly if you use autofocus - once focused switch to manual so that it doesn't hunt for focus each shot..

Two other points - One is use Aperture Priority and secondly if you use autofocus - once focused switch to manual so that it doesn't hunt for focus each shot..

great points....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom