head gasket being done tomorrow on my vito 2000 108 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang

Car
ml 270 brabus d4,
hi all , any pointers in the right direction ? as you may remember i have been running around for 6 months with seal up in the water of my van. was going to replace the van in the summer but unfortuatly yesterday it went through to the oil being burnt and i stopped it. have booked tomorrow off work. have ordered the head and exhaust gaskets with head
strtch bolts. have a guy ready to mill the head ( hopefully a minimal amout .) any tricks to this job? what do i do with the timing and the drive chain for cam etc ? how do i seperate it ? any tips ?

cheers
shaun

Did you know that you will need new injector stretch bolts aswell ? and new seals. Sorry i dont know any tricks with this as i've only had the cover of exposing the cams. Actually one trick is cover the air pipe to the turbo so that nothing falls down it.

just found that out . will get them on order for monday unless i can pick them up in the morning with the head gasket . what a friggin pig. as its front wheel drive you cant get a slide hammer or normal puller on it due to height restrictions. people have said coke a cola or mr muscle . sod that , cut the rocker cover of and will pull them out properly and save a lot on not messing the injectors up compared to buying a 150 odd rock cover , must admit not impressed with the workability of the engine. rediculous , am looking at replacing it this year , but have looked at some revies on the newer shapes. around 07-08 , terrible reviews !! not sure what to do ??

just found that out . will get them on order for monday unless i can pick them up in the morning with the head gasket . what a friggin pig. as its front wheel drive you cant get a slide hammer or normal puller on it due to height restrictions. people have said coke a cola or mr muscle . sod that , cut the rocker cover of and will pull them out properly and save a lot on not messing the injectors up compared to buying a 150 odd rock cover , must admit not impressed with the workability of the engine. rediculous , am looking at replacing it this year , but have looked at some revies on the newer shapes. around 07-08 , terrible reviews !! not sure what to do ??

Whats wrong with an 07 vito?

Ive just been looking at the removal procedure, you've got a can of whoopass there. Locking pins and things all over the place for cams etc. I find the engine ok once you remove various bits the part you need to get at is ok. I cracked and repaired my rocker cover. I also removed the nipple on one injector and used vice grips to remove. Wiggle side to side first then upwards. Afterwards i used thread files to fix up the bits i damaged. i do recall i was quoted 150 euro for the cover though i assume you mean pounds ? As for new models i dont know. BTB500 has an 07 i think maybe ask how he's getting on. Back to the job at hand. I got WIS the merc stuff and it really helps at the tricky bits. Available on ebay etc...

hi all . the van is dead . number 2 piston has a hole in it . i had a major head gasket fault and its melted the piston , i was looking at getting rid of it cheap in the summer anyhow so am not too bothered. have done 110k in it and have already had an insurance pay out of £1500 so thats what i may of got with it moted and running ok . so i have a van for spares !! any one need any parts ??

Sorry to hear that, good news on finding the leak though eh ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom