head gasket replacment on my e240 v6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil-har

Car
mercedes e class e240 v6
can anyone tell me the tourqe setting for my cylinder head as im about to replace the head on my 2.6 v6 petrol and do I need to replace the head studs 4 new ones regards phil-har

10nm
30nm
Then two angles of 90 degrees.

I always use new head bolts.

It is unusual for that engine needing a head gasket replacement.

residue

there is a white residue on the oil filler cap thought the head gasket might be on the way out if im wrong let me no as its not a job I really want to do:crazy:

Wow and you want to remove the heads for this:eek: Big big job and not for the lighthearted.

Is your engine overheating or losing coolant? Very unusual for these engines to leak at head gaskets unless the coolant is totally corrosive - never been changed that is.

Slight white cream on oil cap is due to doing short journeys in colder weather and the engine does not reach operating temperatures.

Also ensure your oil is the correct synthetic and it and the filter changed at least once a year if doing low mileages.

Please do some research on this subject by searching these forums.

can anyone tell me the tourqe setting for my cylinder head as im about to replace the head on my 2.6 v6 petrol and do I need to replace the head studs 4 new ones regards phil-har

Are you aware that you have two cylinder heads; so which one are you going to change:rolleyes:

to heads

Are you aware that you have two cylinder heads; so which one are you going to change:rolleyes:

yes im aware there are to heads going to change oil and filter.the engine is not overheating and its losing no fluid its just me thinking the worst thankyou for your help regards phil

Mayo on the oil cap is normal. Don't worry. Nothing is wrong.

Thank you everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom