Head lamp issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oris1

Car
merc
Hi All
Recently took my car to a supposedly reputable garage who shall remain nameless (WM based)
No customer service, repair was non existent, cost me a lot to achieve very little / sorry nothing at all.
Vehicle went to the garage due to a faulty headlamp, at first I was informed the head lamp needed to be changed due to a damaged connection and if they repaired it could not guarantee a 100% it would work and the possibility of failure if and when I went over speed bumps or pot holes so therefore strongly suggested the lamp was changed.

They stated that a new head lamp would be sourced and after waiting 3 days I was informed that the lamp they had purchased was a after market product but was not compatible for my vehicle.?????

I sourced the headlamp myself and delivered it to them to carry out the repair.

When I then went to pick up the vehicle I was assured the vehicle was road worthy , and paid for the work which I believe was carried out.

As I drove home, One of the side indicators came out never to be seen again, I stopped and checked the other one which also had not been secured in place either. I secured it continue my journey.

As it was late when i arrived home the next day I contacted them first thing. No apology was offered.

I was advised that if I purchased another lens and returned with the vehicle they would then re fit it.
I queried if I would be refunded for the missing lens I was informed that they were unable provide a refund.

Since having the vehicle back I have only driven it a couple of times at night, on each occasion when I have gone over speed bumps or pots holes the lights appear to work for the duration but when i stop say for instance at a petrol station and turn off the lights the so called repaired light stopped working, the same happened this evening, I returned from a long journey and got home about 4.30. Later on I had to go out again and needed to switch on the lights, the light which they attempted to repair failed to come on, the warning light on the dash came on and the high beam lamp was visible on the dash but very dim i.e not as bright as if it was being used.

I am a little pissed as I have paid for a service from a rob dog who failed to deliver on all fronts

any one suggest what the problem may be with the lights so I can have it dealt with professionally or advise if it is a quick fix I can do myself.

Thanks

Which model is it?

Reputable garage would not treat you this way.

I would pursue them to do the repair you have paid for.

It may be helpful to let us know who did the work, I would not want another person Togo through this but that is up to you.

Good luck though.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Robin

Understand what you are saying and at first thought about taking it back, cant afford to loose
money like that, but simply because of the time to travel / time without the vehicle / the unprofessional approach and incompetence with no confidence that they'll do it right this time has swayed the decision for me, on this occasion just have to bite the bullet and get the matter resolved else where very pissed off but what to you expect from amateurs.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Reputable garage would not treat you this way.

I would pursue them to do the repair you have paid for.

It may be helpful to let us know who did the work, I would not want another person Togo through this but that is up to you.

Good luck though.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'd call trading standards... clearly the garage doesnt care...and making your car worse rather than better is worrying!

decision hasn't come easy but taking time from work Friday to take car back to the garage will let you know the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom