Head rest screens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Has anyone fitted new headrests with screens built in for DVD etc?? Any comments, photos etc appreciated. :)

Has anyone actually done this though.

I'm thinking of this for my bus..

For little one in back.

Seems a few choices

- dvd / tft built into one unit
- sepearte DVD needed somewhere in the car

I've seen some flea bay jobs already done with DVD TFT's installed you just pop them into your headrest holes and plug in..

I'm thinking of this for my bus..

For little one in back.

Seems a few choices

- dvd / tft built into one unit
- sepearte DVD needed somewhere in the car

I've seen some flea bay jobs already done with DVD TFT's installed you just pop them into your headrest holes and plug in..

hmm, that was what got me thinking;)

I use this currently and works very well but headrest ones would look neater :)

DSCF7689.jpg

These look like they would match my car?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=350060581492&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=022

That's the one. They do a TV version or a DVD player version which was the one I was interested in.

I was enquiring some months ago of having the Braybrooks headrest DVD's with single DVD player in the boot as our friends at Comand don't do it. Shame as i would have gladly given them the business.

i keep meaning to get up off my chair and go have a look at a W203, but arent the hearests plastic at the back? Making it difficult to mount a screen properly?

I have just done this in my W211, will take some pictures later.
There are a couple of options.
There is a company who's name I cant remember right now that does merc OEM head rests with an integrated DVD player. The screens/dvd go on a pod on the back of the headrest, cost £1200.
I thought this was a bit pricey so sourced some from the states Merc headrests (Merc, but a slightly different shape to the W211) with screens in a pod on the back and all the electronics to put to inputs in, cost £500.
I added a Playstation 2 which cost me £30 with games from Ebay which acts as a DVD player, this sits in the armrest slot in between the backs seats so is totally hidden.
I have also added an MP4 player and a digituner, and a 3-2 kenwood switching unit. all in all a very neat job.
as I said pictures will follow later today hopefully!

Very neat,

Can you adjust the screens independant of the headrest though? they look quite angled?

Did you fit these yourself. nice job

The viewing angles are quite excellent(As in the screens have a very good viewable angle) and so the headrests dont need to be moved.
I didnt do it myself, just sourced the kit and designed what I wanted fitted. I am no patient enough to do the work properly!

Thanks for posting those photos that does look good and the colour match is pretty good. I may drive to london tomorrow to see the other ones and see what they feel and look like.....

Are those the ones on ebay?
I have some for sale as well, they are Blaupunkt IVMS-5802 Screens and some other headrests, I will take a picture of the headrests for you, all you would need to do is cut them and fit them.
The Screens would normally be £250 but I would do a VERY good deal on them!

The screens will sit flush in the headrests, it is just the angle of the picture that makes them overlap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom