Head Rest Screens

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

I have screens in the head rests of my 2002 W220 and I have lost power to both of them and the 6 disc dvd player in the boot. As this was a modification done by the previous owner I have no idea where the fuse or relay would be to check if they were still working. Does anyone have these screens and could they tell me which fuses were used for the installation. I know this is a long shot but the next step is a auto electrician and the bill for that could be never ending

Cheers

It is unlikely that these were OEM installations, so the best bet is to find the power cable that runs from them and follow it back.
You will probably find that there is an in line fuse which has blown.

Yeah must be an after market system as I don't think MB did headrest screens for the W220. They only did a single screen that attaches to the back of the centre armrest, between the two front seats.

Has anything else stopped working such as cigar lighter or interior lights? because they could of picked the power from the cars internal power?

best bet is as stated before look for an 8 gauge or 4 gauge wire coming off the battery, it should have a in line fuse on it. check around the battery area.

Been a while since i fitted a multichanger into anything, seem to remember most of em taking their power from the headunit rather than having an independant feed, have the screens lost power or are they just not being switched on by the headunit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom