Head/tail lights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tommych

Car
C180
I'm looking at upgrading the lights on my car. Do people suggest getting led bulbs or is there a way of fitting xenon into the heads in particular?

I'm mew to all this, so I apologise if it sounds a bit dumb.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

What car do you have? 202, 203, 204, 205.

I've converted to HID headlights in previous cars without too many problems. And got much brighter, safer lighting as a result. MOT-approved too.

Just using el-chjeapo Chinese conversion kits ~£20 on ebay. If they don't work, you will invariably get a full refund, so there's nothing to lose.

You will need some sort of self-levelling mechanism to keep it legal (self-levelling suspension is not deemed good enough).

If you listen to distant radio stations, you may get increased interference as a ressult of all that high voltage switching.

I'm considering trying an LED conversion on the ML. but not found anyone with experience to recommend or otherwise....

I'd imagine most Chinese LED conversion kits would trigger the Mercedes over-sensitive bulb warning monitor. This would also apply to other (tail) lights etc.

Basically, we need to hear from someone relatively competant, that has tried it!

With HID's if your car wasn't already fitted with xenons, I.e basically means your car wouldn't of come with suspension levelling, headlight washers etc- which results in the fact you don't legally need any of them to fit HIDs

They only need to be working if you had them fitted from factory, so you can fit HIDs and not worry about light washers and levelling sensors etc. Despite what people think!

The only thing worth worrying about, is the scatter produced from fitting such lights into a housing not designed for them. It's all well and good giving you 'amazing' results and better output, but dazzling other drivers would be something that puts me off and is IMO quite selfish, IIRC the headlight lenses on a W203 won't be decent enough for HIDs, unless you buy aftermarket ones which are fitted with proper reflectors etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom