Headers / Exhaust Manifolds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

modfather

Car
W210 E55 AMG
Depends if you want straight bolt on, the first set you posted look like a copy of the Kleemann set which will require welding and removal of your primary cats as well as switching off or extending your secondary O2 sensors otherwise you will have problems with a CEL.

I went for shorty bolt on style, mine are not the log style but still have the same OEM size join, I don't have primary cats which frees up some restriction but it is probably the biggest bottle neck for me on my car now.

I would go with Kleemann.

Depends if you want straight bolt on, the first set you posted look like a copy of the Kleemann set which will require welding and removal of your primary cats as well as switching off or extending your secondary O2 sensors otherwise you will have problems with a CEL.

I went for shorty bolt on style, mine are not the log style but still have the same OEM size join, I don't have primary cats which frees up some restriction but it is probably the biggest bottle neck for me on my car now.

I would go with Kleemann.

The rest of the exhaust would be getting done at the same time as headers are fitted so fabrication is not an issue.

where did you get your shorty ones from? could you notice any gains from fitting them?.

The thing that attracted me to the kleeman copy is the fact they fit without modification to a RHD car.. don't want to spend 1200 bucks to have to cut bits off!

Go with original Kleemann. Their headers come with long cat-less downpipes of larger diameter. Mine fit without fabrication on an RHD ML55.

I went with these

attachment.php

Attachments

• _DSC4848.jpg
    _DSC4848.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 160
I had them fitted about a year ago and have run them at various levels of tune. I have just changed to a different set so will shortly be selling them if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom