Headlamp Bulb Cahnge on a R172

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Evening all-What's the easiest way to change the dipped headlamp bulbs on a R172/SLK? These are halogen bulbs, not Xenons.
Do I go through the hatch in the arch liner or from the top/engine bay?

According to the manual for my R171 you change them from the top - so I tried the access on one side - with absolutely not a sniff of success! There's been a thread on here or t'other side saying pull the wheel arch liner (wheel off obviously) after which it's easy, guess the R171 does not have an access hatch in the liner, and the fact you've got one on the R172 makes me think it's there for precisely that reason!

Evening all-What's the easiest way to change the dipped headlamp bulbs on a R172/SLK? These are halogen bulbs, not Xenons.
Do I go through the hatch in the arch liner or from the top/engine bay?
I have just changed the cornering Halogen H7 bulb on my R172. This is done from the top - it was a pig of a job to do due to restricted space, but once I figured out that the cornering bulb is simply lifted and pull it was actually quite easy to do.

I have Xenons headlights on my R172 so it is different from yours, but I noted there is an access latch in the front wheel arches - this is a lift up and pull out flap and I found it easier to do if you turn the front wheels to the direction of the wheel arch you are trying to access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom