Headlamp coding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speedyduck

Car
C250d amg estate 2017
My car has been in the body shop for a repair including a new headlamp. Was supposed to take two weeks and it’s been nearly four. The body shop has now said they cannot get the new headlight coded to the new module ,bearing in mind the module was fitted 10 days ago. Now got to go to Mercedes and they cannot get it in until July 6th. I know the intelligent headlamps are fantastic but it’s now cost me a month off work waiting to get my car on the road and most of it because of a headlamp?Now it’s going to be another 2 weeks. Why do Mercedes hold us to ransom . The cars ain’t cheap and they don’t make life easy for the owner. Just because we own one it dosent make us rich people

Is this an insurance repair?

The ILS won't work but the rest of the headlamp should work I think. Unfortunately you can't blame Mercedes, most manufacturers have some sort of component protection to protect against stolen parts being used, hence requiring them to be coded. Covid hasn't helped the situation.

If you can travel to someone with a genuine STAR/Xentry set up with online account, they can code it for you, doesn't have to be the dealer

Yes an insurance job. It’s already been to an independent who had it for two days and couldnt sort it. The light worked after the accident. I think water got into it and then messed the module up hence having a new one fitted with the new headlamp.

Ouch....

Get it back together and contact one of our sponsors on here. You may have to travel a bit but a day travelling will get you back on the road. I'm not sure who is closest to you but south of the country we have PCS, Wayne Gates amongst others (someone in Southend on Sea but can't remember who). There is Mercland in the Midlands and you have Comandonline.co.uk in Surrey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom