Headlamp convertor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Off to France tomorrow for the day, nearly forgot that I need to stick some tape on the headlamps, so I don't dazzle the traffic as driving on the wrong side of road.
Has anyone got a diagram showing where I need to stick said tape to mask up, headlamp?

Just have the car facing a wall with the lights on and blank off the part that allows the angled extension towards the n/s kerb.

Even aftermarket beam benders work if placed this way.

Dont work with xenons:( i never got flashed once:) dony get them at the port they are a rip off.

Lynall

did you find the pattern/diagram for masking?

If you have H7 light balbs ... or Xenons ... then you just flick the switch in the balb housing...
most of the cars have this it level the beam ... so it does not hit the other side traffic.
My cougar had this feature and my CL500 as well.
Stickers do not work with H7 lights I am afraid... plus you will damage the plastic of the lights... with the annoying glue :-S

Don't drive in the dark.

Sounds a bit flippant but that's what I've done a few times, I don't drive at night on holiday so haven't had a problem.

With all that excellent wine available in France who would want the car after dinner anyway?

are the headlight lenses made of plastic?

If you have H7 light balbs ... or Xenons ... then you just flick the switch in the balb housing...
most of the cars have this it level the beam ... so it does not hit the other side traffic.
My cougar had this feature and my CL500 as well.
Stickers do not work with H7 lights I am afraid... plus you will damage the plastic of the lights... with the annoying glue :-S

Hi, newbie here - are the headlight lenses made of plastic? Mine's a '97 C240 Est.
Cheers
Keith

Hi everyone

Sorry to highjack this thread.

Where is the switch / lever for a W220 facelift using halogen H7 bulb (projector type) in the head lamp housing?

Many thanks,
G

Lever for adjusting for Europe

Attachments

• 220 headlamp adj for europe.jpg
    220 headlamp adj for europe.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 74
Just investigating this problem anew for my W210 which has xenon dipped beams.
It seems that there is an official kit for masking the lamps available to order, so I have... Have to see what happens on Saturday when it arrives. Don't like the idea of glue on the plastic lenses though!

Some models have plastic lenses some have glass...
whatever it is, I sure do not like the idea of trying to remove the glue afterwards lol.
Usually for H7 lights the switch is in the housing of the lights... and sometimes well hidden.

I was going to buy the stickers my self as well ... when I had the Cougar... but the sticker would have covered all the light... as the H7 lights are small any way! Since then I learned that the H7 adjust just by twisting or sliding a switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom