Headlamp washers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rosie5golf

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes e320 avant-garde estate
Hi, can anyone explain how I get my head lamp washers to work ?
I assume the lights need to be on but pushing the washer button does not make the work. Any ideas please ?

Lights do not need to be on.

Ignition needs to be on...press and hold switch on dash...assuming this is a W210.

Which washer button are you pressing?

There will be one close to the main light switch for the headlamp washers

I have a w211.
The windscreen washer button is on the end of the headlamp and indicator stalk.
I can't find another button anywhere.

I think, but could be wrong...there is no separate switch. The headlamps are cleaned every 4 or 5 pushes of the screen washer.

The one on the indicator stalk will not work the headlamp washers directly, only after a certain number of windscreen wash operations.

If you don't have a button close to the main light switch are you sure you actually have headlamp washers?

Button position

$_1.JPG

Last edited:
Well, I have the two flaps underneath the headlights and, if I pull one down, there are two washer jets behind.

What year is your car?

Try as renault12ts suggests and operate the screen washers 5-6 times and see if the headlamp washers operate automatically?

Last edited:
Sorry I've had problems get on the forum.
My car is a 2008.

Thanks to all you guys for your help.
I've found the solution. For anyone else who needs to know, headlights have to be on and the windscreen washer button has to be pressed 5 times to operate the headlight washers
Thanks once again .

Thanks to all you guys for your help.
I've found the solution. For anyone else who needs to know, headlights have to be on and the windscreen washer button has to be pressed 5 times to operate the headlight washers
Thanks once again .

And...do you have the button, as shown above, beside the light switch?

Headlight washers

Hi Mate,
No, there is no button by the light switch. On this vehicle 2008 W211 its all on the stalk with the windscreen wiper and headlights.

Headlight washers

Ha,Ha. There is definitely no button, not even the headlamp height adjustment as this is automatic.

Hi Folks

Just wondering if this method applies to the w124, have yet to work out how to operate them on my car ?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom