Headlight assistance required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zap263

Car
GLC 2017
Hello folks..
New Benz owner here! I purchased a 2017 GLC that had been in an accident from an auction. From first views, it was quite simple and only had bodywork issues.. no airbags, headlights working (but cracked) etc..

Boy was I wrong!

It turns out a dodgy repairer had started work on repairing the car. Dashboard airbag and steering wheel airbags had been replaced but SRS light is on. Turns out there are no curtain airbags and bonnet actuators also need replacing along with a number of other faults including a dodgy speaker, DAB and Bluetooth not working, odd missing trims...

Purchased all the body bits, actuators, headlight etc.

Now the old headlight was working including the full beam but drl and indicators were not. Aside from that, when the car is unlocked, it would have a blue light on for quite a few minutes although the other went off. Naturally I assumed the shunt had damaged something inside so was hoping putting another salvaged headlight would fix it. It didn't and the new one was doing the exact same thing.

I ran a diagnostic on it with a SnapOn And have attached that along with photos of the loom.

What he has done is taken a live from the other headlight and wired it into this one which is why the indicators and drl signals are not reaching it but the dipped beam and full beam working somewhat.

The car is equipped with the intelligent light system but would like to know if that's from the factory or if it was added later. I'm not sure from decoding the VIN so if someone who knows more can help out its WDC2539092f263360.

Now I am of course going to have to pull wiring back and connect it to where it's actually supposed to go. Anyone able to chime in on how far this needs to go and supply wiring diagrams that would be awesome.

Is there a headlight loom that can be purchased for this car? Trawling eBay all the looms I see don't appear to have the headlight connection plugs on.

Attachments

• IMG-20191118-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20191118-WA0000.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20191119-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20191119-WA0016.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20191119-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20191119-WA0017.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20191119-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20191119-WA0015.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20191119-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20191119-WA0014.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 12
Hi welcolme.sorry though I can’t help.

Hello folks..
New Benz owner here! I purchased a 2017 GLC that had been in an accident from an auction. From first views, it was quite simple and only had bodywork issues.. no airbags, headlights working (but cracked) etc..

Boy was I wrong!

It turns out a dodgy repairer had started work on repairing the car. Dashboard airbag and steering wheel airbags had been replaced but SRS light is on. Turns out there are no curtain airbags and bonnet actuators also need replacing along with a number of other faults including a dodgy speaker, DAB and Bluetooth not working, odd missing trims...

Purchased all the body bits, actuators, headlight etc.

Now the old headlight was working including the full beam but drl and indicators were not. Aside from that, when the car is unlocked, it would have a blue light on for quite a few minutes although the other went off. Naturally I assumed the shunt had damaged something inside so was hoping putting another salvaged headlight would fix it. It didn't and the new one was doing the exact same thing.

I ran a diagnostic on it with a SnapOn And have attached that along with photos of the loom.

What he has done is taken a live from the other headlight and wired it into this one which is why the indicators and drl signals are not reaching it but the dipped beam and full beam working somewhat.

The car is equipped with the intelligent light system but would like to know if that's from the factory or if it was added later. I'm not sure from decoding the VIN so if someone who knows more can help out its WDC2539092f263360.

Now I am of course going to have to pull wiring back and connect it to where it's actually supposed to go. Anyone able to chime in on how far this needs to go and supply wiring diagrams that would be awesome.

Is there a headlight loom that can be purchased for this car? Trawling eBay all the looms I see don't appear to have the headlight connection plugs on.
decoded the vin and it seems that you car did not come with intelligent light system from factory

If the headlights come on when you unlock the car, then go into the steering wheel menu and look for the Lighting menu, there will be an option there to configure this feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom