Headlight failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Neilmo

Car
Cla 180 amg
Hi folks(newbie),

I’m hoping someone out there will have a bit of knowledge to help. I have a CLA 180. The car is just over 5 year old. About 7 month ago I have the offside headlight fail, DRL, dipped/full beam go out. The indicator worked although the tell tail would flash double time, the indicator flashed normally. I took it to my mechanic who found a lot of corrosion in the wiring and ballast unit under the headlight unit causing the ballast unit to fail. £800 later it was replaced and fine. Now the same thing has happened to the nearside headlight unit with the exact same symptoms as before. I have contacted my local Mercedes garage but not really interested. Any thoughts from the good people out there???

much appreciated.

Try speaking to Mercedes customer support they may be able to initiate a goodwill gesture.

Thanks Mike,

I have emailed them and got a response which wasn’t really positive so emailed again with more detail of the issue, still waiting for response from that. Thanks again for the advice.

Have you noticed any condensation in the lights? Excess moisture might cause this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom