Headlight flasher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aziz

Car
190E Cosworth 2.3 16v and c230k sport w202
Hi everyone,
I have been driving around the past week and I am trying to give way to other drivers and nobody makes their way on the road.
I have now realised that my flasher is not working and checked all of the fuses. I do not know if it could be the arm under the steering wheel?
Does anybody have any idea on what this could be?
Thanks in advance
Aziz

You'd better explain. What arm under the steering wheel? The one that adjusts the wheel? How would this be related to the flasher?

I think he just means the indicator come flasher stalk. Otherwise the steering wheel would end up in his lap:D

You'd better explain. What arm under the steering wheel? The one that adjusts the wheel? How would this be related to the flasher?

sory for that ... well when i give a way to other drivers some time i flash head lights like some other drivers do but last afew days my head light flash is not working when i try give away to some 1 they just stop they dont come and go ...

sory for that ... well when i give a way to other drivers some time i flash head lights like some other drivers do but last afew days my head light flash is not working when i try give away to some 1 they just stop they dont come and go ...

besst thing to do is blo horny art tem. Mak em moove farster they iz proberly ole foke.:)

besst thing to do is blo horny art tem. Mak em moove farster they iz proberly ole foke.:)
LMAO...that made me chuckle.
Seriously though, have you checked it in the dark/someone out front of the car to see if it really isn't working.
I'm not sure what the deal is with flashers ( I think they went out in the 80's with raincoats!), maybe it's a relay/fuse issue. I can't think what the layout is in the stalk for this.

Hope this doesn't sound too obvious, but have you checked the bulbs? :doh: Do the headlights work with the normal switch?

It could be the multi function stalk wearing out. My 190 has recently started doing this. I have to pull the stalk a lot harder back than i used to to make the flasher's work.

Does the full beam come on when you click the stork forward or is it just when you pull back to flash?

(so many innuendos in what i have just written LOL)

Aziz. Which car is this problem with?

Does anybody else think this might be a combination relay failure????

Are you actually flashing properly?:) A quick flick in the car does not allow the lights to actually reach full power and thereore the other drivers may not have seen your flash. To flash effectively hold them on for at least one second.:crazy:

Aziz. Which car is this problem with?

Does anybody else think this might be a combination relay failure????
it is the w202 ... i have chek the bulb and is working when i use for hi beams ....

Hi Aziz,

I have the same problem with my W202. I might be seeing an independent Mercedes mechanic tomorrow. If so, I'll pick his brains and try to get an idea where to go from here. Found out that the stick is called a "steering column combination switch", just in case you need to make it very clear to anybody, what you are referring to.

BTW...if you have fixed it, please let me know how.

Cheers :eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom