Headlight for e350 2009 coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ra02mce

Car
E350
Hi can anyone tell me what the difference is between a headlight with the part number A207 820 06 39 and a headlight with the part number A207 820 02 59. I need a driver side headlight for a E350 coupe 2009 and would like to buy a used one as a new one is 1000 plus. The part number i need is 207 820 06 39 but im finding it extremely difficult to source one. There is numerous used headlights with the part number A207 820 02 59. These headlight look like what i need but im afraid to purchase it incase it doesnt fit. Would be grateful if someone could tell me the difference in the part numbers?? Thanks

A207 820 06 39: Right hand ILS headlight RHD or LHD (i.e for codes 621,622)
A207 820 02 59: Not in the parts catalogue, which suggests its a part fitted to new cars and the replacement part is numbered differently

Not too helpful, but it does look like the LHD and RHD ILS headlight is the same on W207 (it isn't on most others) which opens up where you can get the headlight from !!

Richard

PS, (a) have you looked at the number on your headlight. (b) You can return stuff under the DSR from a business seller within a few days of purchase for a full refund.

R

So you saying that i should buy one that i can return so that i can try it and if it doest work send it back? They look all the same i dont understand what could be so different.

So you saying that i should buy one that i can return so that i can try it and if it doest work send it back? They look all the same i dont understand what could be so different.

If it is from a business seller (which you can see on eBay) and you pay by Paypal you can return it (i.e change your mind within 7 days, but eBay allows 14 - look at the end of the listing in the Returns section)

There are different headlights for different model years and then there are standard lights, xenon headlights etc - so make sure they really do look identical to your existing lights, and if possible get one from a company that is obviously breaking a UK car (and definitely not from USA)

Now, just to add confusion, when you install a new headlight controller in a new headlight, you have to type in some numbers from the headlight into Xentry which tells the controller what LEDs are in the light and how to power them. So you need to check your new light is same as old light if using old light's control modules. On the top of the light there is a 10 or so digit string. If its the same then you can use your old controller. Old controllers can not be re-programmed for a new light (as when plugged in they may blow up a light with a different coding)

Richard

Thanks very much for your reply hopefully i will get sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom