Headlight problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briggsyboy6

Car
2014 mercedes e220d convertible
Hi all,
Just bought myself a 2014 merc e220d convertible at auction. Everything appears to work except for problems with my headlamps.
Initially discovered The part number for the existing headlights do not match the model of my car.
However, when the Auto Electrics garage ran a diagnostics test, the test showed a VIN number different to that on the car. Everything else seems to be working except for a message on dash which states 'SOS inoperative.'
I am therefore unsure as to which headlamps I should get i.e. which Vin number I should match with, and any advice would be appreciated

Hi and welcome🙂The Vin number could be a much bigger issue. If The electronic vin displayed on interrogation is different to the vin on the car then the car could be a stolen ringer, or a mash up of different cars. Worth checking out first?

A horrible prospect, but that sounds about right. Contact the police before you get too deeply involved.

Ive checked both vin numbers with several sources and neither is reported stolen or crash damaged

Id get in touch with the Auction house immediately, they are meant to check these things before it goes to sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom