Headlight protection?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RAB36

Car
2014 Mercedes E350 Bluetec AMG Sport
Yet to pick the E class up but I want to pre book some jobs in as every where's packed and have long booking in times, so basically the 212 has the intelligent led headlights fitted and at over £1200 each I don't fancy having one break or get chipped so my question is what's recommended for protection? Is it really as simple as a clear wrap and that will be good enough or is there other options out there?

Thanks

They are strong enough not to get badly damaged by stones etc . Just don't bump into anything solid.
Not to get "badly damaged" that's my point I don't want them damaged at all! lol

Not sure what your £1200 per side headlamps are made out of but the 148 thousand mile old headlamps on my 2006 C55 Mercedes Benz are looking perfectly fine without any extra protection. I have no doubt that a well (Badly) placed stone would punch a hole in them just like that on any other car.

Relax , don't sweat the small stuff.

Working in the car repair trade for 15+ years I've seen some very badly stone chipped headlights especially on higher mileage cars and I plan on keeping them in as good a condition as I can especially on the roads I live on so ill still be going down the route of some kind of protection, so I'm wondering if a simple clear wrap and do it myself is good enough (if anyone else has attempted that with success) or just getting it booked in with a proper company that use paint protection film 🤷‍♂️

Clear wrap will have no effect wrt a stone missile flying at the headlamp on a motorway for example.

How many headlaps have you ever changed in the past due to problems you perceive

Clear wrap will have no effect wrt a stone missile flying at the headlamp on a motorway for example.

How many headlaps have you ever changed in the past due to problems you perceive
It protects paint so why wouldnt it protect a headlight?

Looked into it and seems best bet is a professional job as it needs to be the right stuff so it lets heat out and don't effect the light output but also protects against chips and uv damage, thanks for the helpfull replies though much appreciated 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom