Headlight switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

way318

Car
CLA250 Shooting Brake 4matic
Hi, only had CLA less than 24hrs and got a question on the head light switch.

Is there an off position, as I can see 4 positions it can go in: Headlights on, Auto, sidelights on and then one for when parked up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does, but maybe it's a part of the DRL that there's no option to turn the lights off; auto is probably the closest thing.

On older models (like mine) straight up was off, so turning right was auto, then sidelights, then foglights (rear then front maybe). Turning left is parking lights (one side and then the other?). - Except in fog, I just leave it on auto.

Auto, on and sidelights is all you get nowadays. A foolproof way to amek sure some tool is not driving without lights in the dark. Happens a lot my neck of the woods.

Thanks to both for the replies. Prefer to have the option to switch off and not leave in auto. But if that's the only choice I have then will have to live with it. Cheers

In the menus that can found in the instrument cluster you can turn off the DRLs if you so wish. At least on my w212 that is possible. Would imagine other models are no different. Engine mist be off in order to be able to do that.

Cheers, I don't mind havin DRL's on, just not used to the headlights coming on when the car thinks it's dark enough.

At least you know others have no excuse for "not seeing you"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom