Headlight Upgrade on 2014 639 Vito Dualiner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iDriver

Car
Vito Dualiner Sport 122CDI
Hi Guys,

I bought a 2014 122 CDI Dualiner in April, the one thing that I don't like is the crappy headlights, they are useless on unlit roads.

I know it would be an MOT fail if I just swapped out the existing bulbs and fitted HID's so I am thinking the only option is complete new headlight units, is that correct?

If so what units do I need and is there any other modification required to install and use them?

Thanks.

Do you mean xenons?

Why not fit Phillips night breakers or similar? There has been at least one thread on this mod; can't remember if it was zenman63, sparkydude or B1GUN.

Last edited:
Thanks Giantvanman, I think I will probably go for the Phillips Xtreme Vision +130% as a compromise upgrade :)

That said, I can only find them through internet based suppliers. That makes me nervous because its so easy for the chinese to copy packaging and stick any old H7 bulb in there :-(

Thanks Giantvanman, I think I will probably go for the Phillips Xtreme Vision +130% as a compromise upgrade :)

That said, I can only find them through internet based suppliers. That makes me nervous because its so easy for the chinese to copy packaging and stick any old H7 bulb in there :-(

Use this company:Car Bulbs, Headlight Bulbs, Wiper blades, headlamp bulbs, Xenon Bulbs: Autobulbs Direct Ltd

UK based, I have ordered from them on line and picked up bulbs etc from the warehouse, no problems at all with service, product nor delivery.:thumb:

To legally install Xenon lights and conform to the Construction and Use regulations you would need the headlights (with loom , ballasts etc), headlight washers and self levelling suspension.

You could always swap to xenons and sell yours to get some costs back.
I have a new auto switch for them but you would need head light washers and the rear sensor and wiring.
As for bulbs I will be interested on how they work, I have looked at changing the side light for LED but there not made just yet but I have found a guy who will make them to order for £20 a pair.

If Xenons had been an option we when got our Vito I would probably have ordered them, but I actually think the standard H7 headlights on ours are pretty good :dk:

I did put Philips Xtreme Power (+80%) bulbs in when I was fitting them to the SL and the Audi we had then, but while they were a big improvement there they didn't make any noticeable difference in the Vito.

Use this company:Car Bulbs, Headlight Bulbs, Wiper blades, headlamp bulbs, Xenon Bulbs: Autobulbs Direct Ltd

UK based, I have ordered from them on line and picked up bulbs etc from the warehouse, no problems at all with service, product nor delivery.:thumb:

To legally install Xenon lights and conform to the Construction and Use regulations you would need the headlights (with loom , ballasts etc), headlight washers and self levelling suspension.

There is no self leveling suspension requirement ???? is there?:dk:

You need auto-levelling on the light units or self-levelling suspension - one or the other. If Xenons were only available on 639s with self-levelling suspension (don't know if this was the case or not) they won't have auto adjustment in the light units.

That makes sense Bill as I've had several cars with the auto levelling lights, my new sport x has the Bi xenon lights & they are fantastic

I have ordered the. The Phillips X-treme +130% from the company DSM10000 recommended above. Hopefully they will improve the illumination, certainly can't make it worse :)

There is no self leveling suspension requirement ???? is there?:dk:

Self levelling suspension or lights, one or the other are required for compliance. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom