Headlight uv protection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul73mt

Car
2010 C350 CDI Sport sold , 2015 E250 CDI AMG Line Sold
I have just cut back the misses head lights as they were very yellow .they now look very clear but I want to protect them from the uv so does anybody have any ideas or have used a specific item for that job ??

Thanks

Paul

Use a clear lacquer to seal the headlights.
Spray on carefully and not too thickly.
You'll see a marked improvement in the clarity of the lens afterwards as a bonus.

Use a clear lacquer to seal the headlights.
Spray on carefully and not too thickly.
You'll see a marked improvement in the clarity of the lens afterwards as a bonus.

So I can just use any clear lacquer that’s suitable for plastics ??

Look for a UV resistant spray on lacquer

as soon as the misses gets back with the grandson I will wash them ,give them a clay bar then spray.

I'm not sure that I would spray the lenses, what happens when they get a stone chip? You might have to sand the clear coat off? I'd be inclined just to give them the occasional polish and leave them as is.

I'm not sure that I would spray the lenses, what happens when they get a stone chip? You might have to sand the clear coat off? I'd be inclined just to give them the occasional polish and leave them as is.

Yes well i did spray them and waste of time now a blur has gone over them with lots of imperfections (seems like the when they were sprayed blobs of lacquer came out , even when i shook the can for alot longer than required even allowed the can to heat up in the sun for an hour ) , so just gonna polish them back and leave them alone and as you say just give them a polish when required. I'm hoping shes gonna buy something else soon.

That's a pity, on the plus side the lacquer should polish off more easily before it fully hardens.

I bought very fine sand paper for glass for mine on the auction another member of the forum recommended them to me a good while back.
They worked well although I stuck with the finest they were colour coded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom