Headlight washers inoperative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GriffinLad

Car
Mercedes C270 elegance
Hi all
New to the forum and to Mercedes ownership. Wasn't sure which section to post in to be honest. But I've only had my C Class a couple of days but I've noticed that when I press the Headlight washer button nothing happens. I've tried with the lights on and I've also checked the fuse (63).
Windscreen washers work fine and there's no leaks under the car.
Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.
TIA
Clive.

Welcome to the Forum Clive.

It may help if you let us know more about the car.

What model of C type is it? W203, W294, 205 etc does it have a separate button for headlamp wash? 👍

Welcome to the Forum Clive.

It may help if you let us know more about the car.

What model of C type is it? W203, W294, 205 etc does it have a separate button for headlamp wash? 👍
Thanks
It's a W203 (I think) 2002 Elegance and yes it does have a seperate button by the headlight switch.
👍

Thanks
It's a W203 (I think) 2002 Elegance and yes it does have a seperate button by the headlight switch.
👍
I know the type! I used to have a C320 petrol W203 👍

From memory there was a separate motor for the headlamp washers. It may be worth checking that.

On mine it was in washer bottle which you could access by removing the nearside front wheel arch liner. Yo can do this without raising the car if you have small hands but it is easier if you take the wheel off first 👍

I had this on mine and had to clean the switch contacts up. I think I had that issue on both of my CLKs. I did a write up here but it’s ver old and the pics have long since gone.

I had this on mine and had to clean the switch contacts up. I think I had that issue on both of my CLKs. I did a write up here but it’s ver old and the pics have long since gone.
Thanks I'll take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom