Headlights and Europe .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GarethM

Car
1998 CLK 230 Sport Kompressor
Ive searched but to no avail ( http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7382&highlight=europe+headlight is the nearest i can find )

Im heading to france in a W208 1998 CLK, Im not sure if it has Xenons or not ( how do i check ? ) basically ive read about a lever on the back of the headlight - is a 1998 car likley to have this ? If not does anyone have any details regarding fitting the horrible black headlight "convertors" for driving abroad to the round headlights ! ? ( Ive only fitted them to retangular lights befor ).

Hope someone can help...

Kind Regards

G

The link below will take you to a post by Brian WH in the gallery. You will be able to see a bi-xenon headlight in both the off and on state.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=8309&postcount=1

If your headlights do not have what looks like a translucent glass sphere in the centre as shown in the picture then you don't have xenon headlights. They are much brighter than halogen headlights and if you look at the beam from one side they have a blue tinge. Another factor is that xenon headlights are always accompanied by high pressure headlight washers because that is a UK legal requirement for such systems.

BonzoDog said:
...if you check the manual it says go to a dealer to get the sticky eye patches. No idea of teh price but MB can be amazingly competitive on some accesories.
The oem ones might cost a bit more than others but I believe they are very high quality and stand up to headlamp wash/wipe etc too, which others do not.

The OEM ones are about £7

In the year 2006 and we still have to use sticky eye patches... ;)

Thanks for all the replys.

Looks like ive got standard Halogens. And ive got some sticky eye patches from Halfords ( £6.99 for a plastic sticker ) - And there are details regarding the Merc headlamps.

Regards

G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom