Headlights coding (w204 FL) RHD to LHD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tjlazer

Car
M5
I have to change my headlights for EU ones on my UK car as Luxembourg is very strict and won't accept a flat beam profile. Having ordered and fit the new lights I have an issue in the car believes high beam is low and low high. The ILS defaults to hi beam etc so I have to out in manual on high beam to not dazzle. Do you know if this can be programmed out if so who/how? Can I do it myself with the right kit? Cheers Tim

I have to change my headlights for EU ones on my UK car as Luxembourg is very strict and won't accept a flat beam profile. Having ordered and fit the new lights I have an issue in the car believes high beam is low and low high. The ILS defaults to hi beam etc so I have to out in manual on high beam to not dazzle. Do you know if this can be programmed out if so who/how? Can I do it myself with the right kit? Cheers Tim
Assuming you have the correct parts, then Comand Online can code this for you. Drop them an email with your full vin number and the part numbers of the headlights you have fitted. Its not a job you can do yourself.

My 204 has a setting in the menu to change the headlight angle from rhd to lhd does yours not have that?

For W212, C207 et al, there was a break point in which early vehicles had to have the LHD/RHD settings changed by Xentry. (= £££)
This functionality was later implemented in the vehicles "own" menu system. If the vehicle was equipped with halogen head lamps
there was a possibility to open the H7 cover and move a lever from one side to the other.

So I have finally managed to get the German headlights and fog light configuration working with my UK car. For the benefit of any other expats attempting this procedure know this: you can mix and match ILS xenon headlights, you can reuse your UK controllers and bulbs. If you install the headlights and german rear left light neither will work...you must get the car's data card updated by MB. With this and the reprogramming it will work perfectly, I now have assymetric EU lights and ILS working on the right hand traffic mode. The left fog lights up, the right is off so you only need to replace the left-hand unit. Obviously for any Euro car being brought into the UK the same process will work in reverse but why would you? Your car is worth about 40% more in Europe! why did I do this? Look at my last sentence! My car in the same spec and mileage is worth about 18k more than I paid in the UK. The cost of the change was about 1600 euro using salvage lights from eBay (1800 each new). Absolutely worth it for the odd bit of hassle getting in a car park!! Cheers all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom