Headlights Vacuum Feed Location

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matt17081

Car
55 plate W203 Avantgarde Sport Pack, Mitsibishi Pajero - heavily modified for off road use
I need to find out where the Headlamp Vacuum Feed is taken from on a "55" plate C180 Kompressor i believe it has the M271 engine fitted, i know where the Purple and White hoses run to and from so only need to know where the system gets its vacuum feed from on the engine

I'm guessing that nobody know's where the vacuum feed for the headlights is taken from the engine then ?

I think ?? the main vacuum takeoff is just after the throttle body at the entry to the inlet manifold. It then runs to some sort of distribution device with several take off points which you will have to check as to which one runs to the headlight adjuster switch.

No the C180K / M271 dosent have a traditional "throttle body" as such it has the Mass air flow meter inline with the intake dicting. i've removed all intake up to the supercharger previousley in order to replace a hose that had perished and was causing a rough idle and the engine management light to come on so i unfortunately know its not there and to produce a vacuum it would have to be taken off the inlet manifold area after any throttle body otherwise it would only supply atmospheric pressure and not a vacuun

dsc05260-11737.JPG

Its my understanding the throttle body is the unit just after the circular orange inlet thats got a white rag stuffed into it. There are several grey flexible pipes that might be vacuum lines leading away from that area which would be after the throttle plate?

I could be wrong but if it's like my SLK it's driven by compressed air from a little compressor under the boot carpet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom