Headlights w211 adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisipj

Car
E class 280cdi w211
I have a w211 e280 cdi 2008 with halogen headlights. The headlight adjuster on the dash only adjusts the dip beams. Is this normal? It does not alter the main beams. Also there are 3 hex adjusters visible which one is for the main beam vertical adjustment? I have put in new bulbs and wish to adjust the main beams. Thanks Chris

Thanks for the reply, first time I have seen this dip only. Seems daft but who knows.

Thanks for the reply, first time I have seen this dip only. Seems daft but who knows.
I'm curious, what cars have you had where you could adjust the main beam via a dash control?

Going backwards, Kia,Jag XK8, Hyundai, MX5, Jag XJ
I've obviously only had cheap cars LOL My Toyota Supra had headlamp adjusters, as did my JDM Celica, and a elderly Ford Focus, but all just did dipped beam, none did the main beam as well...

Just thinking about it, why would one need to adjust the main beams? One only uses them when there are no oncoming drivers, so there's no issue about dazzling them. One only really needs the convenience on "on the fly" dash mounted adjustment for the dipped beams as vehicle attitude due to luggage is relatively transient? The temporary extra rear biased weight causing the dipped beam level to rise, causing dazzle, easily cancelled out with the dash control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom