headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joderest

Car
2003 ML270 Silver
Not sure if correct part of forum, but here goes.
Headlights on ML are not as new as they should be, meaning a bit scratched and dull. I have ordered a headlight cleaning kit to try and sort them out. I am quite handy with things, but have never tried this, my question is..... is it possible to go to far with the kits ending up with a ruined headlight ?
I know that using a cordless drill will help prevent burning of the plastic (lower rpm).
Next bit is, whats the best way to protect them after cleaning ?
Clear spray ?
Or the wipe on UV protection supplied.

Thanks

UV protection should do the job however clear lacquer may last longer

Not sure if correct part of forum, but here goes.
Headlights on ML are not as new as they should be, meaning a bit scratched and dull. I have ordered a headlight cleaning kit to try and sort them out. I am quite handy with things, but have never tried this, my question is..... is it possible to go to far with the kits ending up with a ruined headlight ?
I know that using a cordless drill will help prevent burning of the plastic (lower rpm).
Next bit is, whats the best way to protect them after cleaning ?
Clear spray ?
Or the wipe on UV protection supplied.

Thanks
Just take your time mate, if I can do it without an issue you’ll be fine, unless your the hulk

The new Meguiars headlight restoration kits include a sealing clear lacquer spray.
As above, use a cordless drill, keep the lens damp, don't press too hard on the polishing pad and it will be fine.
Here's a before and after with the Megs kit.
X2DZvPQ.jpg

lg2QA3T.jpg

The new Meguiars headlight restoration kits include a sealing clear lacquer spray.
As above, use a cordless drill, keep the lens damp, don't press too hard on the polishing pad and it will be fine.
Here's a before and after with the Megs kit.
X2DZvPQ.jpg

lg2QA3T.jpg

Top job Rog

Did mine a few years ago & the results were unreal. Follow the instructions to the letter & don’t worry half way through when you think you’ve made them worse. All of a sudden they come up like new & you can’t wait to start on the next one.

You’ll be amazed when you go out in the dark & can actually see again as well!

Nige.

Thanks, just the sort of replies i was looking for.
Great people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom