Headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

angelsdisco

Car
Mercedes C class 2.1 Estate
What type of headlights does my Mercedes C class estate 2007 have fitted? are they reflector or projector type? I need to know so I can upgrade the bulbs to either LED or HID

Chances are your car, like mine, has headlights designed for standard halogen bulbs so fitting LED or HID bulbs in the existing units is not an option - and would be an instant MoT fail - there's loads of discussion on here about upgrading headlights. Only realistic option for you is upgrading the bulbs to Osram Nightbreakers or similar (which is what I have done both to my current S204 and my previous S203).

Chances are your car, like mine, has headlights designed for standard halogen bulbs so fitting LED or HID bulbs in the existing units is not an option - and would be an instant MoT fail - there's loads of discussion on here about upgrading headlights. Only realistic option for you is upgrading the bulbs to Osram Nightbreakers or similar (which is what I have done both to my current S204 and my previous S203).
I have just had the headlamp lenses professionally cleaned and got Philips H7, Xtreme, Extreme Vision +130% Headlight Bulbs fitted and can hardly see a thing at night when vehicles coming other way

I have just had the headlamp lenses professionally cleaned and got Philips H7, Xtreme, Extreme Vision +130% Headlight Bulbs fitted and can hardly see a thing at night when vehicles coming other way

I'm guessing you have a projector housing for dipped beam , whilst they do have a better beam pattern the design does sap the light output Vs reflector housing .

The Philips Xtreme Vision +130% are quite old now and have been bettered .

Both tested in the same reflector housing
Screenshot_20220101-073923_YouTube.jpg

A photo of the headlights would help us to identify whether you have reflector or projectors.
Projectors look like this:
HTB1ploygW6qK1RjSZFmq6x0PFXa6.jpg

Reflectors are these:
107845009_614.jpg

I imagine you have reflector units but we're all guessing until you confirm either way matey. If it is fitted with reflectors then you can only change the bulbs for what you have or as Gazwould posted the Osram NightBreakers. Different people have a different take on them, personally I don't want any reflector headlights ever again as now I've had good projectors and I can build my own lamp upgrades I see it as a backward step. I have to also state that my eyesight in low-light conditions isn't what it was when I was younger so perhaps the effects are less noticeable to me. You may have a great experience with a simple bulb upgrade of course, many people do rate them but it's really only you that can say.

Last edited:
A photo of the headlights would help us to identify whether you have reflector or projectors.
Projectors look like this:
HTB1ploygW6qK1RjSZFmq6x0PFXa6.jpg

Reflectors are these:
107845009_614.jpg

I imagine you have reflector units but we're all guessing until you confirm either way matey. If it is fitted with reflectors then you can only change the bulbs for what you have or as Gazwould posted the Osram NightBreakers. Different people have a different take on them, personally I don't want any reflector headlights ever again as now I've had good projectors and I can build my own lamp upgrades I see it as a backward step. I have to also state that my eyesight in low-light conditions isn't what it was when I was younger so perhaps the effects are less noticeable to me. You may have a great experience with a simple bulb upgrade of course, many people do rate them but it's really only you that can say.
which ones? OSRAM 64210NBL-HCB NIGHT BREAKER LASER H7, Halogen Headlamp Bulb for Passenger Car, 12 V, Duobox (2 units) : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive or Amazon.com: NEW 2018 SILVER OSRAM H7 (499) NIGHT BREAKER SILVER SINGLE BLISTER : Everything Else

So do you have reflectors or projectors?

Two links you have pasted are 1 for a pair of bulbs and 1 for a single bulb but on the USA site???

Just bought a 2005 E270 and the headlamps are shocking too.
Wondering if they are faulty they are that bad.
Been a long times since I owned a car without Xenons so maybe it is me.
To improve the beam i was thinking about getting upgraded bulbs.
I see the Osram Night breakers are recommended above. Has anyone tried these?
561CBC45-F8BE-40CE-A1B0-8DEE17B9F900.jpeg

Thank you. Bought some of the Night breakers. Will try them out tomorrow.
Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom