Headliner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JonnyP2468

Car
A class
Hi,

I’m really OCD with my new car. I have a 2018 c class coupe with black headliner. What material is the headliner? And how tough is the material? People are constantly brushing their heads on the roof liner getting in and out of the back which plays with my mind (I know it’s sad) is there a ‘contactless’ way to clean the headliner? I just don’t want to damage the small fibres. (Spray or something)?

Thanks guys!!

If it is hair then use a lint roller or your vacuum. You wont harm the liner. A damp microfibre with some all purpose cleaner will remove any oils etc from the liner too. It is pretty durable material.

Hi mate,

As sad as it sounds, as soon as a friend got in the car for the first time he ‘stroked’ the headliner and was like ‘nice car mate’. Ever since I’ve been looking at that spot hahaha. I was fuming! (as sad as it is). To be honest it’s so dark, you can’t even see the headliner but because I’m OCD about keeping everything mint it angered me!!!

Thanks for replying it’s much appreciated.

As above just some warm soapy water and a microfibre will be fine, if you have a steam cleaner even better.

I’ve noticed that the actual fibres are in a ‘honeycomb’ sort of pattern up close. By scrubbing, could that not damage the structure? Obviously on a microscopic level....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom