headrest, demister, central locking, causing hazzard lights to flash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pakuru

Car
W202
i have recently purchased a w202 c180 elegance facelift (2000)

however when i press a number of the dashbord switches they dont work and simply cause the hazzard ligjts to flash. can anyone help me on how this can be rectified. its the rear windsheild demister, central locking button that cause this.
i also dont know if im paranoid but i also think i may have noticed it once or twice with either the wiper or screenwash button. however they do work unlike the above mentioned buttons.

no experience with the specific car, but usually when you have one switch/button effecting other stuff its an earth issue. easiest way to prove/rule that out is often to get a long earth strap and have a play with bolting it to stuff (i.e. engine to chassis, chassis to whatever earth point those switches use) .

recently a bad earth on my Defender had my electrics earthing through my accelorator pedal (bad engine-chassis earth meant the throttle cable was ne next path of least resistance) - whenever i took my foot off, the cable went slack, and i lost all lights/gauges etc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom