Headrest removal for DVD installation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Markyw220

Hi everyone!

I have a W220 and I would like to install DVD players in the headrests of the front seats, can I remove the headrest? They are electric so I am not quite sure.

Anything to keep the kids quiet in the back!

Mark.

I managed just fine and I didnt have an LCD in my car till I was 30 something. Parents who wonder how children become demanding should ask themselves what they do.

I agree, but these modern parents are good for you business, aren't they? :D

Hi everyone!

Mark.

I found Gaffa or Duck tape worked great - but - I parented afore the tree huggers ruled the world. LOL

Halfords 1.25 or your favourite hardware store. part number MB-AGAG-4U
If installed correctly the CPU should learn your style of driving and may not require additional applications - however there could be a slight restriction of the MAF sensor in the initial stages and monitoring checks should be made.;)

Headrest DVD - Answers..............

Well guys that was really helpful! Cheers! (Not) By the way Miro, I am 31 and have two small children pre-3yrs. You try and sit in traffic for 2 hours a day and keep them happy mate!!

If anyone out there can actually be of some actual assistance that would be very much appreciated.

All I want to know is can I remove the headrest.

A simple yes or no answer will suffice!

I managed just fine and I didnt have an LCD in my car till I was 30 something. Parents who wonder how children become demanding should ask themselves what they do.

It's my dad!!! :rolleyes: :p :bannana:

Hi everyone!

I have a W220 and I would like to install DVD players in the headrests of the front seats, can I remove the headrest? They are electric so I am not quite sure.

Mark.

On the Mercs I've had there is a little catch on one side where the headreast pillar enters the seat back - you just press this in and the headrest lifts out

Yes you can remove them, the headrest clips into plastic collers so fold the seart back, extend the headrest then with your hand give it a good thump underneath. This will knock it out of its clips and job done.

Yes you can remove them, the headrest clips into plastic collers so fold the seart back, extend the headrest then with your hand give it a good thump underneath. This will knock it out of its clips and job done.

Does this apply to a car with electric seat adjustments, including the headrest? On some cars you have to remove the seat back to release the headrest.

All the Mercs i`ve done have been done this way, never had a problem with them goin back after the TV`s have been fitted.

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom