Headrests with built in DVD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

quenching

Car
'84 W201 2.0E, '91 W124 230TE estate
Stumbled across these headrests with LCD screens and DVD player and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them? The claim to have an FM transmitter for audio though the car radio which seems a sensible idea.

I might buy a set for my W124 E220 to keep the kids happy on long trips.

wouldn't these have to be built to order to match the fittings of every model of car, colour and finish?

Says the poles are adjustable and they come in generic black, cream, or grey. Unlikely to be a perfect match but still better that the ones that wrap around with velcro.

Not seeen those particular model but I have been looking at these for our little one. I agree if you have a colour other than Black leather I doubt the colour match but if you need black they should be fine, The arms are usually ajustable and being 10.4" it a big screen in a headrest.

I have looked at similar but 9" with a zip cover round the screen (so you cannot see it when you leave the car)
XTRONS HD903 2x 9" Headrest DVD Player USB 8 Bit GAMES on eBay (end time 08-Mar-10 23:36:11 GMT)

An also an armrest DVD player that fits in the centre of the armrest at the back so both rear seat passengers can see them.
7"LCD Monitor Car Central Armrest DVD Player + Speaker on eBay (end time 09-Mar-10 15:15:29 GMT)

What would also be handy if they can run IR headsets so the kids can sit in the back wirelessly and listen to what ever they want while you have the radio / cd on.

have you looked at the nextbase click and go system, you can get stanchion mounts that stay on your headrest posts allowing you to remove the dvd player. they are available from hellfords. they do 7inch and 10inch versions in single or dual players. I have the single unit. with a pair of ir headphones. You can also get an optional dvb-t unit and fm modulator

have you looked at the nextbase click and go system, you can get stanchion mounts that stay on your headrest posts allowing you to remove the dvd player. they are available from hellfords. they do 7inch and 10inch versions in single or dual players. I have the single unit. with a pair of ir headphones. You can also get an optional dvb-t unit and fm modulator

Thanks ckember but they're exactly what I'm trying to avoid :) The straps, mounts and wires all bug me so I'd prefer a more elegant solution like the ones above. That or I could answer a million questions from 5 year olds on a 2 hour trip!

That or I could answer a million questions from 5 year olds on a 2 hour trip!

Enjoy it while you can, nce they go to senior school / become teenagers you cant get 2 words out of them, enjoy this as they wont want to talk to you for long!

you can compare which car dvd player is suitable with you? but actually there are many brands of headrest dvd player out there?

I’m choose pioneer Car headrest DVD for my own use and that car dvd player was good enough for the audio? also to look good enough to display the title.some systems are only the controllers that require additional purchases of the monitors? signal processors? and car dvd player or vcr players. make sure you’re purchasing everything you’ll need to complete your system. should be clear what you want? :p

We have this. It works quite well, and the wire can be hidden for the majority of travel. I do want to fit an extra accessory socket to hide beneath the drivers seat, when I get around to it.

Certainly on the w211 the headrests don't seem ideal for any internal mount screens, and to swap for generic replacements you would lose the active headrestraint protection.

the guys on the Navara forums love the xtrons, loads of them have done it.

there are built in headrest solutions available for the w\s211, they are like pods that fit onto the existing hadrest thus not loosing the head protection. or there is the extremely expensive MB option that is a screen and mount on the centre console which is also an absolute pain when trying to pass things over to the kids on a long journey!

9" Xtron HD902. Currently running of rear cigarette lighter till I figure out the best way to hardwire them. Would highly recommend them. Colour match is very close to the mercedes black leather.

Attachments

• P1010312.jpg
    P1010312.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 250
  • P1010314.jpg
    P1010314.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 238
  • P1010311.jpg
    P1010311.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
How easy was it to run all the wiring inside the seat back? something an idiot (ie me when it comes to car electrics) could do?

The cover on the back of the seat comes off so it is easy. In my case it was simply a case of undoing two screws on the bottom of the cover and sliding the cover down to unlock it so it could be removed.

I bought these off eBay for £160 a pair including IR headphones (2ch) and had them fitted by an auto electrician for about £100. Both are DVD players so 2 children can watch independant DVDs, or use the link to slave one to the other and watch the same film (either way round). Excellent product works a treat without costing the earth.
Black looks okay in a C class, headrests don't adjust up and down just fully down with some play :( but this is the only drawback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom